cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different plans introduced today

mcs11
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi all.  It looks like plans have changed again today.  Variation of the ones introduced earlier this week.  For example:

Was $35 for 1.5 GB, it's now $35 for 1 GB plus 500 MB bonus with auto-pay.

Was $40 for 5 GB, it's now $40 for 4.5 GB plus 500 MB bonus with auto-pay.

etc.

I think this matches how Lucky Mobile was structuring their plans based on some threads I have read, but can't recall the details.

So does anyone know if (1) this means you don't get the $2 auto-pay credit with these plans, and (2) if you already made the switch on your next renewal date to one of the plans introduced earlier this week (for me, it was the $40 for 5 GB), if that will be honoured?

Thanks!

12 REPLIES 12

So, depending on when rewards are handed out next month, my newly rescheduled plan change to move from Fall 2016 Promo, to now currently special offer 8.5 GB 30-day unlimited Canada & US calling and International SMS & MMS...

I'm going to be paying $35+taxes after rewards.  If rewards are early, $25.

No longer need WiFi - more than double data/30-day, no longer restricted to province-wide calling.  Throttled speeds is the only setback.

Seems like a lot of effort to get people to compare between each provider.

Public Mobile - just keep it simple!  That's why I came here.

mcs11

@RobertQc, That makes me feel better because now I'll change my kids plan to future date it and that way I can ensure I still get the bonus plus $2 auto-pay reward.

@KMG, I totally agree that hopefully this doesn't mean PM is getting rid of $2 auto-pay reward in general. It is awesome.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Going into Change Plan and it shows the special offers with the total data but interestingly no mention of requiring autopay.

@mcs11 wrote:

@RobertQc, maybe you are right! I just went into "Change my Plan" for my kid's account, and I can see the plans for earlier this week, but not these ones.

@mcs11Right so untill they actually put this in, it doesn't exist. It's selectable as neither a special offer or in the builder. The deal is the same as its been for days until this changes.

deal.png

3333.png

mcs11

@RobertQc wrote:

@mcs11 wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

@mcs11 wrote:

Hi all.  It looks like plans have changed again today.  Variation of the ones introduced earlier this week.  For example:

etc.

I don't understand this. Where do you see this breakdown. $35 promotion is not in the plan builder.  It's a "special promotion" so it doesn't show 500mb of bonus data. It's just a straight 1.5gb

$35 in the plan builder is just the regular 1gb.

$35 is for 1.5gb special promotion. Not 1gb+500mb bonus

There is a big difference, if it showed in the plan builder as 1gb+500mb promotion we would be able to select this as a 90 day plan, then it would say 3gb+1.5gb bonus.

@RobertQc, I see it under this link:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ab/plans

This is at the top of the page:

Capture 3.PNG

@mcs11I don't understand they show the image of it, but you can't actually purchase or select this in the plan builder.

Maybe you caught them in the middle of doing it, because they didn't actually finish the process of adding it to self serve

@RobertQc, maybe you are right! I just went into "Change my Plan" for my kid's account, and I can see the plans for earlier this week, but not these ones.

@mcs11 wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

@mcs11 wrote:

etc.

I don't understand this. Where do you see this breakdown. $35 promotion is not in the plan builder.  It's a "special promotion" so it doesn't show 500mb of bonus data. It's just a straight 1.5gb

There is a big difference, if it showed in the plan builder as 1gb+500mb promotion we would be able to select this as a 90 day plan, then it would say 3gb+1.5gb bonus.

Capture 3.PNG

@mcs11I don't understand they show the image of it, but you can't actually purchase or select this in the plan builder.

Maybe you caught them in the middle of doing it, because they didn't actually finish the process of adding it to self serve

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I hope that this is not a sign that the $2 autopay reward is going to be cancelled or converted into an extra data reward instead.  The $2 off is unique to Public Mobile and changing it would take away its competitive edge.

mcs11

@RobertQc wrote:

@mcs11 wrote:

etc.

Capture 3.PNG

@Anonymous wrote:

Edit: @RobertQc: It's a new bullet point in some of the plans.

@AnonymousWeird its on the home page but not in the actual plan builder.

You canno't actually select it or purchase it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mcs11 wrote:

etc.

I think this matches how Lucky Mobile was structuring their plans based on some threads I have read, but can't recall the details.

So does anyone know if (1) this means you don't get the $2 auto-pay credit with these plans, and (2) if you already made the switch on your next renewal date to one of the plans introduced earlier this week (for me, it was the $40 for 5 GB), if that will be honoured?

Thanks!

I would think the reward is separate from the bonus.

I've read here on multiple occasions that when promos come up that people always say to select it for the future change. It'll honour it. You can do all the changes you like for future changes.

Edit: @RobertQc: It's a new bullet point in some of the limited-time-offer plans.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@mcs11 wrote:

etc.

Edit- So looks like this will be real in the near future when they implement it, they have it listed on the home page, but it doesn't actually exist in self serve.

Need Help? Let's chat.