cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different SIM card

pirateinuk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi. My wife, while out of the country, put a SIM card from her native country into her cell phone for use there. On her return, she now can't find her public mobile SIM card. Mind you, we had an old, yet never used PM SIM card lying around the house. But I'm afraid if she tries to use the new SIM card, she will not be able to keep/use her old, familiar cell #. Is my understanding correct? Please advise.

Thanks,

HCS

6 REPLIES 6

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@pirateinuk 

As others have alluded, each SIM card can be activated and used only once, and you can change the SIM card on your account.  In other words, you can change the SIM card to the new, unused one through the Self Serve portal.  If you have any issues, the CS Agent (staff) can assist - this was previously required because they disabled the self-serve option for fraud protection.

If you find the old SIM card, keep in mind that it has already been used, deactivated, and is as good as garbage at that point.

@pirateinuk 

All you have to do is swap sim cards. The account details will remain the same. If you are unable to complete the 2FA thru the email on the account you can have customer support assist you with the sim swap and verify the account by answering at least 3 out of 4 questions correctly that the CSA asks you specific to your wife's account.

Either submit a support ticket via Simple--Simon by clicking on the chat bubble at the bottom right corner of your screen. Type in "sim swap" and "human" and follow the prompts to submit your ticket.

Alternatively you can send a private message to the CSA's detailing your need to swap sim cards. Include the new sim card number in your message along with the following info to initially verify the account.

1. Full name and address on the account.
  2. Email, phone # and 4 digit account pin#.

Preferably be logged into the self serve account so you can easily answer the additional questions needed to further verify the account holder to allow the sim swap.  

Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar for a little number to pop indicating a message from the CSA's. Responding promptly will speed up service times.

Do not post any of this info in the community only in your private messages when communicating or contacting the CSA/Moderator_Team.

To send a private message to the CSA's (formerly moderators) click below
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@pirateinuk 

Just log into your Self Serve account and go to My Usage or Plans & Add-on and click on Change SIM Card on the top of the page.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@pirateinuk   no worry, as long as the size fit, and a never activated SIM, you can use it

Just logon to My Account and click Change SIM card and follow the 2FA procedure, in your case, you will pick email to validate the sim change.

It's just a sim change, won't affect your account.  

@pirateinuk 

You can change your SIM card via your self service account.  You will need to do the 2 factor authorization.

Here is some more information:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/SIM-Swap-Fraud-2-factor-authentication/...

If you never used the old SIM card, you can use it to replace the lost SIM card. 

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@pirateinuk 

Go into self service and choose Change Sim Card. Your account will be transferred to the new sim.

ch.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.