cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different Dates

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

I always had my payment date as my 1st day of my plan renewal.

My data app is set up this way to track 30 day usage also.

But comparing My Account and My Awards dates they are 1 day in the difference.

My Account dates:

esjliv_1-1645059825414.png

esjliv_2-1645059850326.png

My Rewards date:

esjliv_3-1645059874838.png

What would be the reason for the "Next plan cycle starts " date in My Rewards to be one day later?

Are plans changing to 31 days now? 😁

25 REPLIES 25

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@esjliv 

Another member pointed this out to me a couple of days ago....it took a bit to wrap my head around it as well. It looks like old glitches are creeping their way back into the system again. Previously self serve had the wrong date to pay by on the overview page. I used to tell users to go by the date on the rewards page. Now it's the opposite....ignore the date in the rewards account and only go by the date in self serve.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

@hTideGnow wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

@esjliv I just realized that. So wrong date it is in the rewards system.

HI @NDesai   This I agree 👍

Do you mind to bring that to PM's attention?  Thanks

This was brought to Public Mobile's attention on February 2. I'll ask for folow up.

@NDesai wrote:

HI @NDesai   This I agree 👍

Do you mind to bring that to PM's attention?  Thanks

HI@NDesai   Sorry, I  don't agree..

if Paid on Jan 24 and Jan 24 is the day 1, .. Feb 2 is Day 10, Feb 12 is Day 20 and   Day 30 would be Jan 22 ... not Jan 23 (sorry, I am slow. i count by fingers.. and got that. 🤣

@hTideGnow wrote:

@hTideGnow Think of it as Payment Due Date before the end of day (Feb 23).

@NDesai   But if don't pay before early morning of Feb 23, my service would get suspended.  So, isn't that Feb 23 is not on the previous cycle?  (I don't get to pay before the end of Feb 23)

I think the Feb 23 is the last day of your previous renewal. If I were to count Jan 24 to Feb 23, 23rd is the 30th day so if you don't pay, you will lose service around midnight on that day. If this is not correct, I am confused pretty much lol

@computergeek541 wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

@esjliv  I would set the cycle date to start on the next day since Feb 23 is still on the previous cycle. 

Public Mobile changed this a while ago, but never announced it to anyone.  The date in My Account used to show the last day of the plan cycle. However, since the change, the shown date is the first day of the new plan cycle.

So, we agree Feb 23 should be Day 1 of the new cycle?

Now the question is .. why Feb 24 is showing as the new "Plan starts date" on My Rewards?

@computergeek541 wrote:

Public Mobile changed this a while ago, but never announced it to anyone.  The date in My Account used to show the last day of the plan cycle. However, since the change, the shown date is the first day of the new plan cycle.

@computergeek541  - ahhh, sneaky. Wonder when that change was? 🤔

@NDesai wrote:

@esjliv  I would set the cycle date to start on the next day since Feb 23 is still on the previous cycle. 

@hTideGnow wrote:

@esjliv wrote:

24-Jan-22100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk/100 MINUTES d’appel au Canada
24-Jan-2230-day plan/Forfait de 30 jours

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@hTideGnow wrote:

This message below was present the evening of January 23rd, 2022, and the morning of January 24, 2022:

esjliv_0-1645064061000.png

@esjliv   in the above case, the Payment due before date was : Jan 24, 2022, right?

@hTideGnow  YES, great job following.  🙂

(3) Re: Different Dates - Community (publicmobile.ca)

@esjliv wrote:

I always had my payment date as my 1st day of my plan renewal.

My data app is set up this way to track 30 day usage also.

But comparing My Account and My Awards dates they are 1 day in the difference.

My Account dates:

esjliv_1-1645059825414.png

esjliv_2-1645059850326.png

My Rewards date:

esjliv_3-1645059874838.png

What would be the reason for the "Next plan cycle starts " date in My Rewards to be one day later?

Are plans changing to 31 days now? 😁

I've confirmed for myself by checking and too have noticed that the My Rewards site is showing the wrong date.  In your example above, your plan starts early on February 23.  The My Rewards site is showing the wrong date, and I've noticed that it's always one day off.  I mentioned this to Public Mobile a while back.  Unfortunately, this hasn't been fixed as of yet.

@esjliv wrote:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@hTideGnow wrote:

This message below was present the evening of January 23rd, 2022, and the morning of January 24, 2022:

@esjliv   in the above case, the Payment due before date was : Jan 24, 2022, right?

@esjliv 

On my device, I reset the data counter manually (before hitting the sack), on the evening that public mobile releases those wonderful pre-renewal messages (suggesting expired and suspended) which confuses the heck out of most new customers.

The data counter on my phone is almost precisely the same as the data counter on my self-serve landing page doing it this way. 

@HALIMACS  ignoring all the other posts, and just reading my initial one (because the January / February dates are so close and likely confusing to distinguish between what is what).

If you were to tell a new member, who was asking, when to reset their Data counter on their phone or on a 3rd party app, what date would you tell them to set it to to be their first day of their plan?

• Your My Account dates, or your My Rewards date?

I would tell them the My Account dates, since that is the date I see when my Data and Minutes counters resets.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Perhaps I'm failing to see the confusion here, @esjliv 

The payment is processed before the end of the 30 day cycle. (otherwise the service would go into a suspended state)

Depending on where you are in Canada, that may occur from around 9 p.m. to about 1 a.m local time (i think?)   I believe Public Mobile is based on Eastern time so you'll have to do the math based on your region/number.

Then, the new service cycle starts on the day immediately following the date upon which the payment was taken. (using Eastern time as the date standard)

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Sorry to be jumping from February to January in these posts...I have screen shots and everything in January (but that was before the new My Rewards section started January 25th).

@HALIMACS wrote:

@esjliv 

When,  exactly,  did the  LAST payment occur from your payment card /  transaction history?

@HALIMACS 

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @esjliv  @NDesai 

Actually I am confused, too... isn't that Payment Due Before: Feb 23, 2022 means the new cycle starts on Feb 23??  than mean Feb 22 @ 6pm or so the account change to Plan Expired and shortly after midnight on Feb 23 , the Rewards applied and Autopay takes money?   If so, in this case Feb 23 is the start date of the new cycle

@hTideGnow  - for those who work the hybrid payments or not on autopay that 'Due Before' date is important!

@esjliv 

When,  exactly,  did the  LAST payment occur from your payment card /  transaction history?

@NDesai   But if don't pay before early morning of Feb 23, my service would get suspended.  So, isn't that Feb 23 is not on the previous cycle?  (I don't get to pay before the end of Feb 23)

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@hTideGnow  I will take you back to the last renewal (in January 2022) on one of my accounts...

1-

esjliv_0-1645062801447.png

2-

January 24th, data bucket also reset to zero:

esjliv_1-1645062909376.png

3-

January 24th, payment text received at noon EST.

*Everything points My Account dates as the first day.

But since payment is made on the 'first day' of renewal, I can kind of see a conflict...we should be paying before we get the plan, not midst it. 

@esjliv wrote:

I kinda of see that reasoning @NDesai 

But my data counter will reset on February 23rd. So for me, I would take that as day 1.

@esjliv   I think Feb 23 is day 1 for the Plan, too

But would Feb 24 be the Plan reward cycle day?  If gives them a day buffer to add reward? 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @esjliv  @NDesai 

Actually I am confused, too... isn't that Payment Due Before: Feb 23, 2022 means the new cycle starts on Feb 23??  than mean Feb 22 @ 6pm or so the account change to Plan Expired and shortly after midnight on Feb 23 , the Rewards applied and Autopay takes money?   If so, in this case Feb 23 is the start date of the new cycle

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

I kinda of see that reasoning @NDesai 

But my data counter will reset on February 23rd. So for me, I would take that as day 1.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Technically, they are not quite wrong on this. Payment is required before the due date and your plan begins on the next day considering the midnight renewal hence the +1 day. 

Need Help? Let's chat.