cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did auto-pay change to automatic top-up?

mobileguy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I just noticed this this month.  Usually I get a reminder a few days in advance to ensure that I have enough funds to cover my next month's payment.  I'm on auto-pay.  So usually after I get this message, I go into my account and check my balance.  If I don't have enough, I use my CC to add funds to cover the payment.

This month, I get a SMS saying thank you for your payment.  I never got a reminder text.  So I log into my account and it seems my auto-pay is now changed to automatic top-up.  I remember when I first joined over 3 years ago I had the option of going auto-pay to get an additional $2 off my monthly bill.

So now when I log into my account, I don't even see my remaining balance anymore.  Plus under the payment section, it lists that I get $2 off but not for auto-pay.  It's itemized as automatic top-up.

Just wondering if this changed recently?  I don't see anything on the boards about this.

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

mobileguy

@dabr , thanks for confirming.  Looks like I'll keep an eye on things next month and see what's going on.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@mobileguy    I don't know about any official announcement but you are right that the heads up SMS for upcoming renewal is no longer being received, however, the TY for payment is still being sent.  This has been happening to me for about 3 months now and there was a thread a few weeks ago by another user asking about the missing payment SMS reminder. 

It may not be affecting every customer so might be a glitch or perhaps most customers don't really pay attention or care if they receive these SMS in the first place, so if they go MIA they won't be really considered a big deal I guess.   My guess it's a glitch but I doubt many customers have contacted support about it (I haven't), so probably won't be a priority to be fixed either. 

@mobileguy wrote:

@will13am Thanks for the info.  I am wondering why I didn't get a reminder this month.  Maybe because in previous months I always had enough balance to cover my next payment?  This month I was short $5 and so PM automatically charged my credit card for the amount.  If I had gotten the reminder I would have added extra funds to my balance.

The reminder system doesn't take into account current account balance. Pubic Mobile hasn't been sending the reminders recently.

@will13am wrote:

@mobileguy , I don't think there's been significant changes to auto pay with the online account update.  Funds have always been taken from the credit card automatically on payment day.  Auto pay reward has not changed as well for those on the legacy rewards system.

The only changes that I know about from the Self Serve update last July are hwo less information is now needed to use a credit/debit card (plus postal code format was corrected) and that new customers were automatically enrolled in pre-authorized payments.

mobileguy

@will13am Thanks for the info.  I am wondering why I didn't get a reminder this month.  Maybe because in previous months I always had enough balance to cover my next payment?  This month I was short $5 and so PM automatically charged my credit card for the amount.  If I had gotten the reminder I would have added extra funds to my balance.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@mobileguy , I don't think there's been significant changes to auto pay with the online account update.  Funds have always been taken from the credit card automatically on payment day.  Auto pay reward has not changed as well for those on the legacy rewards system.

Need Help? Let's chat.