cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deactivate my number

Gagandeep1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have lost my sim card and number is unused since 6 months but money has been deducted from my account every month. I tried to didn't find any solution to deactivate my account as i tried everything. 

5 REPLIES 5

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

OP lost their SIM card @Yummy , 611 is not an option unless they are swapping the SIM's first.  🙂

@Gagandeep1 Do you know the 4 digit account pin. If you do, then you can use @dust2dust 's method to remove autopay by calling # 1-855-478-2542.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Gagandeep1   If you really decide to leave PM with no 2nd thought, you can call your credit card and do a charge back of the last payment to PM.  Once PM sees the charge back, it will suspended your account immediately and you basically have closed the account.  But again, only do it if you have no hesitation to close the account.  It is trouble if you want to resume this account with this number

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Without access to your account (if) you could also dial 1-855-4pu-blic to get your next renewal date. The evening before that date, pause your credit card in your credit card account. Leave it paused until noon of that date (the next day) then unpause it. That will suspend the account. You then get 90 days to decide if you want to keep the account. Maybe somebody here would like to take it over with it likely having the old rewards system on it.

Keeping the account is as easy as buying a new sim and changing it in the account.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

- Disable autopay through self-serving account or dialing 611.

- Remove credit card from your self-serving account.

-- On next renewal your account will be suspended due to no payment and closed after 90 days unless you renew manually.

- PORTing your number to other provider cancels your PM account immediately.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Gagandeep1   Yes, because there is no way PM to understand you don't need the service

Do you have access to My Account?  If so, login to My Account and disable Autopay and remove the credit card

If you do not have access to My Account, open ticket with PM Support and reset the credentials.  Then you can log in and disable Autopay

To reset the login,  at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Follow this to get to ticket open screen quicker:

First type: "Forgot log in information"
Then Click "Contact Us"
Finally Click "Click here to submit a ticket"
you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

Once ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the CS Agent (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.