cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage

Pappaconnie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My data usage is really high compared to my previous account. I’ve never used more than 4gig per month my entire life. Now I am close to six gigs in 2 weeks?? I see allot of other complaints about this. I am not streaming or gaming or using gps. Just some basic google fb CBC news articles. 

21 REPLIES 21

BasesLoadedWalk
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Another question I have about data usage is some of my devices have a setting that says "treat network as metered connection" and then gives the option to select "automatically" determine. How would a device I use with this setting know whether or not the Wi-Fi hotspot I use is a mobile connection or regular Wi-Fi?

Pappaconnie

Where  can I find  sm-dp address  and activation code? To enter into my phone carrier setting so it can track data used 

Pappaconnie

yes of course 

Pappaconnie

I understand the basics of technology 

@Pappaconnie can you make sure the 'app data usage' is set to your renewal date and take a screenshot of the apps usage amount so we can see?

what are the makes and models of both devices? 

Pappaconnie

I can’t apply the setting as I don’t know where to find the sm-dm address and activation code for this plan.Possibly it was on the SIM card package but that has been tossed. 

I phone you don’t use an app to track your usage you are asked to add the carrier service info into the phones carrier settings so it links the data. 

Pappaconnie

E3CD9928-5374-4D7E-8675-A78D5D9B42A5.png

@Pappaconnie : I've never read about such a code here. Mind you I gloss over anything Apple related but some things slip through that gloss. Is this maybe for Apple ID? Dunno.

Edit: Oh...quick ddg search...that's for eSIM. We don't do that here.

Pappaconnie

Nothing to do with Apple ID. It’s how you connect your phone plan information to your phone so it can track your usage. I believe if you scan the QR code on the SIM card packet you can linking that way. However I don’t have that package anymore and to entering it manually I can find the required info on my account 

@Pappaconnie : But eSIM is irrelevant to this place. I think that's the wrong tree.

Two Xmas's ago all customers at the time were gifted a gig of data. There was a bug where it consumed ridiculously quickly. They fixed it and reset the gift for everybody. Could be something like that. But I doubt it otherwise we'd be hearing a lot more of these stories.