cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage

timlister
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If my data usage goes over the preset limit during the month, does it shut down or charge overage fees until that cycle ends?

8 REPLIES 8

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@timlister :Since your question been answered you should choose one of the above replies posted as your accepted solution by clicking on the accepted solution button on top of the post that helped you most - doing so will mark this thread you created as solved and will help others who have similar questions.

Oracle365
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It's great that Public Mobile doesn't just keep adding on extra data and charging you for it. It's a good idea to look at your phone's data usage settings because a lot of data can be used up when apps are running with "background data" turned on. If you have "data saving" options in your phone, you can also save data by turning those on. All the best!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@timlister 

PM does not have pay-per-use charge similar to Chatr.  PM is a pure prepaid service.  If you do not pay ahead, service will stop if you do not

- renew your current plan early,

- plan change immediately or

- purchase data add-on. 

PM will not take available fund from your account to pay for the overage.  This is how Chatr pay-per-use cleans out fund stored in subscribers' account.

PM prepaid system is the God's answer to parents' prayer so that their kids cannot rack up hundreds of dollar mobile payment per billing cycle.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@timlister wrote:

If my data usage goes over the preset limit during the month, does it shut down or charge overage fees until that cycle ends?

Hi @timlister ,

No overages here at Public Mobile. When your data runs out you just can't use it.

Check out this for helpful tips on data: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles?q=data+usage

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@timlister wrote:

@timlister hi there are no overage charges it will just stop until plan renews or if you buy an add on , 15 dollars for 1 gig any unused will roll over till all used up 😁

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@timlister wrote:

There are no overage charges. Data will stop until your next cycle.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@timlister : No overage charges here nor throttled overage. It just stops.

Need Help? Let's chat.