cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage and Usage history pages don't add up

mydoghunter
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, wondering why the Data usage page says I have used 214MB of data, but when I go to the usage history page to see when I used this data, all entries for the past 30 days add up to only about 100MB? 

Keep in mind these are BOTH PM pages and NOT a counter on my phone. You would expect them to be at least close!

15 REPLIES 15

mydoghunter

@z10user4 No, I have a great wifi connection. But I'm not as concerned about the amount of data reported as I am about the accuracy of it. PM should be able to explain to us how they track between the two pages, and why they don't add up! @CS_Agent 

@mydoghunter 

I would wait to contact the moderators until you have recieved both of your twice daily data updates in your usage history.

mydoghunter

@geopublic  I'm not worried about the amount of data being used. PM should be tracking usage properly for us. How can they have 2 pages that tell us a different story?

@mydoghunter wrote:

@z10user4 No, I have a great wifi connection. But I'm not as concerned about the amount of data reported as I am about the accuracy of it. PM should be able to explain to us how they track between the two pages, and why they don't add up! @CS_Agent 

The accuracy of the overview counter has taken on many comers...

I would say as gpixel4 guessed...it's a delay with the details that the counter doesn't have. If your phone is consuming data then that's your phone. The service is happily obliging.

But who knows. It's technology. Things happen.

@mydoghunter  Why not check your device. There is a delay on the data usage history. My experience is that the data counter on the landing page is accurate.

mydoghunter

@geopublic Ok, I'll keep an eye on it. Unlikely though...I've been home all day connected to wifi and hardly used my phone. I just happened to be checking my account. I checked my kids accounts too, and same situation...hmmm...