cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data says 95% used but only half shows as usage on the app

sunblob
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It's the second month I receive messages that my 95% of data is used while I check and only see 50% used. I get cut off before I use up all monthly allotment. Can someone help to solve this?

7 REPLIES 7

Turn data OFF to apps that you don't use on a regular basis.

Try this......

refresh.jpg

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sunblob could you tell us where you are seeing you have only used 50%?  You say "on the app", but as Public Mobile has no app, this makes me wonder.  Are you using a 3rd party app to track your data, or did you mean on the public mobile self-serve/account page?

Further to that:

- PM (Public Mobile) plan cycles are exactly 30 days long, rather than one calendar month; if you're using a 3rd party app, make sure to start a new cycle manually in the app on any month following a month with anything other than 30 days, or else your app's cycle days will drift out of alignment with your actual plan

- the Overview page on the Public Mobile self-serve account [use the Sign In menu at the top right corner of this page, then click/tap on My Account] is the system of record for how much data you have used/remaining in your current cycle.  If you app or phone (see next point) disagree, the only number that matters is what you see here.

- Phones have the ability to track your data usage and you can optionally set an amount of data after which the phone will give you a gentle reminder message, and optionally a separate amount of data after which the phone will cut you off of your mobile data so you don't accidentally head into overages.  Many people have set this up in the past and then forgotten about it.  However, a few sub-points:

-- as noted, plan cycles are exactly 30 days, and your phone won't account for that; if you're relying on this feature, you'll need to manually adjust your cycle start times regularly as they change in your account

-- your phone does NOT have a way to read your account to see how much data you should be getting every month, nor how much data PM says you have used.  You may need to adjust your warning and cut-off points [in your phone's settings] to better suit your current plan.

-- it's entirely possible it is your phone that has cut you off of your data.  When you say you received a message saying you'd used 95%--was that text message, or another type of notification on your phone?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@sunblob if you use Incognito mode to login My Account  how much data you see left??  

sunblob
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I don't need a new plan, I need current one to work - I have enough data but it gets cut off before it gets used

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@sunblob 

What plan are you on? Maybe you want to consider scheduling a change plan on next renewal to the limited time $40/15gb plan? It's the second plan offered under 4G plans in your self serve account.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Try using different browser. Try Incognito mode. Clear browser’s cache. Try forced refresh. Use computer and not phone to try to log in. Click on little spinner refresh icons lower down.

Yummy_0-1668032041406.png

Don't trust phone's app too much regarding data usage. PM provides the most accurate status (when you get correct page 🙂 )

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@sunblob 

the website doesn't automatically generate the correct information. one needs to press the refresh buttons

Screenshot_20221105-074125.png

Need Help? Let's chat.