cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not working on 3rd month of 3 month plan

panda6421
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I sent the following message to PM - Syed and am not at all satisfied with his answer. He told me I used all my data, but I know that I did not.

I currently have the following plan: Pick & Pay This plan includes: - - 6GB Data - Unlimited Provincial Talk - Unlimited International Text - 3 Choices The problem is that I have not been able to access my data since Nov. 1. Nothing on my phone has changed except that my data is unavailable. It ihas been 6 days that I am without data. Please look in to this issue. I read here that others have had the same problem and it is a PM Tech issue. Please help me solve this problems as soon as possible. My account does not expire until Nov 28.

I should have 2GB/month, but for the 3rd month I had nothing. I have an alert on my phone to keep track of my usage and I did not go over the 2GB/month allowed.

Thank you

11 REPLIES 11

jchan

Hi @panda6421,

Not sure what phone you're using but if you have an android phone then you can setup warnings and cutoffs from your phone end. It won't be completely accurate compared to the data usage tracked by PM but it gets pretty close.

You can find this under settings > mobile data. There should be a month date range so you can set which day of the month the new cycle starts at. Then for that month, you can set a hard limit (your actual data limit 90 days/3 for each month) and a "warning" limit (say 100 MB before you reach your hard limit). When you reach your warning limit, the phone should warn you that you are close to going over your limit. 

Optionally you can set mobile data to turn off once your hard limit is reached. This way you may stop having data for a few days each month if you go over, but at least you'll save your data for the other 2 months.

bar0460
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

No it is 6gb per 90 days. Theoretically you could use it up all on day 1 of the cycle and have 0 data for the remaining 89 days.

nekkidtruth
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It's advertised as 2GB/month but in reality it is 6GB over 90-days. This means that you have 90-days to use 6GB. You can still use over 2GB in one month. The system wouldn't stop you from doing that. You need to implement something on your end to ensure you don't surpass the data alottment over the 90-days. Android OS has a build-in data monitor which allows you to actually set up warnings as well as completely turn off your data after a specific threshold has been reached. iOS doesn't do this out of the box, you'd need a third-party app.

panda6421

Many thanks. Just scrolled through everything and it all adds up to 6GB. Was I supposed to get some kind of reminder that my limit was reached? I also thought it was 2GB/Mo.

panda6421

This is the message I get:

• You currently don't have any Add ons on your account

I never purchased a data add-on. It was part of the 3month plan.

@panda6421, when you sign in, near the top of the page, where your pick and pay is listed, you'll see a View My Usage link.  Click this.

You can search for the Last 7 Days, Last 30 Days, or Last 90 Days, or even more if you select a date range.  All usage listed as "web" will be your data.

Please note, this will be several screens of data, so it will take a while to scroll through it all.

jheili99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

hi..

it should be there...

log into your account...all the way on the bottom left under add-on you should see data usage... click on that and it should show you..

cheers

panda6421

hello,

Thanks for the reply.

When I log in to my account, the data usage is not shown. It was there previously, but now nothing.

I also did not receive a warning message at 2gb.

How can I get a data usage report from PM?

panda6421

Thanks for the reply.

When I log in to my account, the data usage is not shown. It was there previously, but now nothing.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@panda6421

You must have used all your data if nothing has changed on your phone.  Please check in Self-Serve, and find your usage information.

As you should be aware, the data is not limited to 2gb / month, but rather 6 gb / 90 days.  Your phone will not stop you from using data (at least I know of no phone that will do that natively), so the warning message at 2gb would just be a reminder.

It is extremely unlikey that Public Mobile is incorrect on the amount of data you've used.  Please check your usage.

jheili99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

hi..

you can log into your account and get your data usage.....system was probably right ,,,couple things could have happened:

android: google play automatically downloads app updates...which is quite frankly alsmost daily..quite some usage you may not be aware off and may be bypassing your phone's usage records....

iphone: there were a few larger updates recently .....

solution: if i'm home i log into my wifi .... i use shaw and also setup "open shaw" which automatically log me into all available shaw wifi locations automatically wherever i am......

so out of my initial 6gb i really only ended up using 1.5 gb in the past 3 month....

cheers

Need Help? Let's chat.