cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data being used real fast

darham
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Screenshot_20220917-005546_Chrome.jpg

 I got a text from public mobile 4 days after I upgrade my plan telling me I already used 65% of my data. I just got a text less than 2 min ago telling I now used 95%. Which is right, the text or my profile showing usage? If its the text then I'd like to know how since I'm on my wifi most of the time.

9 REPLIES 9

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Your inconsistent question has no answer. The company did a system change back in July and this has been a constant problem since.

I mentioned that I had the 3 accounts that show a wrong start date. Yours appears to be right. And now proven with the payment. So if it's really right then your next payment will happen overnight 17-18 Oct. I guess you'll see.

yongmaysu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm not sure where the 3 accounts appears from. But yes, the payment has been processed today, September 17. Thank you 🙂

yongmaysu

Thank you for your prompt reply 🙂

Yes, the incognito window reflects a different usage amount:

yongmaysu_0-1663430707405.png

Can I ask why there's such a difference with the use of browsers? The inconsistency with the Self Serve and the browser usage really throw users off. Is there a way to rectify that so we don't get these inconsistent messages?

You could also click that little refresh icon that you see lower down. I'm a little confused with the dates though. I have 3 accounts that show an incorrect start date. If you did renew overnight last night then your dates are showing as they should. Does your payment history show that you paid "today"?

@yongmaysu   Two things to do

1. first, as already suggested, please use Incognito mode to check My Account for most accurate usage.   You can also try to use a different browser

2. Seems like you are on Android, best to confirm your usage with the usage counter on your own phone to see if your usage was really fast or which app used the data

On your phone, there is a  Mobile data usage page, just make sure you update the cycle start date 9Start billing cycle on) to match your PM cyce start date. You can then confirmed the usage you see on PM site (make sure you use Incognito mode)

E-MobileData.png

yongmaysu

Hello, thanks for sharing the possible 'delivered' error messages from Self Serve. Good to know as it happened to me the past 2 months with mixed messages. However, I have a bizarre situation that is making me very puzzled. My plan resets today (Sept 17th) and at 1:32am I received a text saying 75% has been used. The amount was confirmed under My Account. I checked on the 'details of usage', no data usage shown for today and the WiFi was on the entire time. I went to bed at 11pm so no updates or usage was conducted since. The past 2 months, data was 'used' real fast. Last month, I've added an add-ons, and it was gone in a few days knowing I used it sparingly. Please confirm.

Screenshot_20220917-095719.pngScreenshot_20220917-100237.png

Yeah @darham you don't have to worry it is in error go by the self serve. You just have to be vigilant with that now too as sometimes it has inaccurate info, but if things are as usual you should still have the majority of your data left.

@darham wrote:

Screenshot_20220917-005546_Chrome.jpg

 I got a text from public mobile 4 days after I upgrade my plan telling me I already used 65% of my data. I just got a text less than 2 min ago telling I now used 95%. Which is right, the text or my profile showing usage? If its the text then I'd like to know how since I'm on my wifi most of the time.

Public Mobile has been known to send text messages about data usage out by mistake.  Your account is what you should be going by. However, the Self Serve site sometimes shows an incorrect number until logging out and then logging back in. You can also dial 611 to find out how much data is remaining.

hTideFnow
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

use different browser,open incognito mode,clear cache,cookie, try Login

or open a ticket with PM CS_Agent. at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

type: Contact Us and Other 
Finally Click here to submit a ticket
you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

If you have error submitting a ticket, send a private message to the CS_Agent: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

check inbox(top right corner envelope icon) for response from CS_Agent.

Need Help? Let's chat.