cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data and texting not working

Krissabell
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just set up new account, new # (I do still have old # on my phone also but I have settings set to the new # until I can get my old # ported over), data and texting not working. Calls work fine. 

18 REPLIES 18

Try this. If the Rogers is a SIM card, take it out. Restart the phone. See if Public Mobile shows up.

Both eSIM. This is why I hate eSIMs. Less problems setting up with a regular SIM card. But that's just me. Everyone tends to have their own opinions on them.

My brain can't think past 10pm so... my ideas our useless right about now. CS Agents won't be available till tomorrow morning and this website is going down in 1 hour for maintenance so.. best advice for now is to reach out to a CS Agent for help. Sorry I couldn't help further.

To submit a ticket with CS Agent using this link

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437  

I think we should assume eSIM is active because my phone services are working and since it won’t let me install, it’s probably because it already is. However In cellular settings, PM isn’t an option when I shut off auto. Only Roger’s shows, which is my old carrier. 

I find it strange that I’m in Canada and my son is in USA. I set up both our phones with PM. mine last night and his today. I ported my # over. He got new #. Both are having exact same problem! 

@softech wrote:

To me, the unable to activate esim error is because the PM esim is already installed, so  scan of the QR code again at this time would give such an error, which is expected and can be ignored

if the PM esim is making calls and data is working , it is not an esim setup problem

@softech wrote:
@Krissabell 

try the PM sim card on another iPhone if possible.  That could force a sim reprovision and could resolve the issue.  If still does not work (or you don't have another phone to text), ask support to reprovision your account and see if it helps

Right. But how is she supposed to try her eSIM in another phone as you suggested??

To me, the unable to activate esim error is because the PM esim is already installed, so  scan of the QR code again at this time would give such an error, which is expected and can be ignored

if the PM esim is making calls and data is working , it is not an esim setup problem

@Krissabell wrote:

IMG_4881.png

So this is odd. Calls work fine but unable to activate eSIM? Then it sounds like you're using your old SIM still. eSIMs are just so much of a pain that it's not even worth it sometimes. If it's saying Try Again, perhaps you need to hook your phone up to a strong WiFi to "try again".

@Krissabell 

try the PM sim card on another iPhone if possible.  That could force a sim reprovision and could resolve the issue.  If still does not work (or you don't have another phone to text), ask support to reprovision your account and see if it helps

Please open ticket with PM support:

1. Open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html
    Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", then "Other", then "Log In", finally click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗
2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there           

Krissabell

Yes all of that was already on. 

@Krissabell 

can't text anyone not iPhone..you have to enable the send as SMS option on iMessage 

open the settings and then, move to the “Messages” section. Here, make sure that Send as SMS  as well as MMS Messaging are both enabled

Krissabell

IMG_4881.png

So it was on automatic. Data is working but can’t text anyone that doesn’t have iPhone. When I shut automatic off, public isn’t an option. Just my old carrier. 

@Krissabell wrote:

Yes did a reboot. We did the eSIM. Also I set up 2 new lines and both have same problem. Both iPhone 14

I'm thinking...   go into settings then cellular... confirm Cellular Data is turned on. Also... go to Network selection and turn off automatic and choose Public Mobile and reboot. IF that doesn't work, then do a network reset and reboot as this may help reset the network between your phone and Public Mobile.

@Krissabell 

i think it is set like that already, but make sure the PM esim is enabled with the option "Turn on this line" and the Public Mobile esim is set to Primary

iPhone-eSIM_Watermarked.jpg

Check if you have other non-PM esim, delete them.  If you have another physical sim (maybe the old carrier), remove it 

and make sure you update the APN :

• APN: SP.MB.COM

most important, update your Carrier Profile and make sure iOS is the latest version

Krissabell

Yes inbound and outbound calls work. Yes did a reboot. We did the eSIM. Also I set up 2 new lines and both have same problem. Both iPhone 14

Yes did a reboot. We did the eSIM. Also I set up 2 new lines and both have same problem. Both iPhone 14

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Krissabell 

both inbound and outbound calls work?

try reboot your phone, then Reset All Networks

and if data and text still does not work, tell us what phone do you have, you might need to update your APN
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/set-up-data-on-an-iphone
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/set-up-data-on-an-android-phone

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @Krissabell 

Have you tried to reboot? What about trying your SIM card in a different phone? What about resetting your network settings??

Need Help? Let's chat.