cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current $50/30 day plan promo

Paulleewogg
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello everyone...

I'm currently on the $50/30 day plan that comes with 8 gigs data, plus 500mb extra for auto-pay, for a total of 8.5 gigs. 

I see Public is currently offering a bump in that plan up to 10 gigs data. I'm wondering... I've been with Public for 3 years now and my 30 day charge is down to $46 thanks to the annual $1 loyalty deduction. If I get in on this upgrade, do I lose my $2/30 day discount? Its essentially the same plan, but with more data, so would that count as a plan change?

I rarely even come close to using 8.5 gigs as is, but if I can get 10 gigs with this new $50/30 day plan with no change to to the cost structure of my existing $50/30 day plan, what the heck, it's a no brainer. 

6 REPLIES 6

zaidahmed

No you should be fine and still receive the loyalty discount!

@Paulleewogg 

No the $40 plan doesn't include US calling. If you do consider downgrading in the future it is likely the more the merrier campaign will probably make its third annual appearance in December. They have featured a data add on gift and an international calling add on gift (including US and Canada wide calling). Last years had 500 minutes....so you could easily downgrade to save some money and still call your friend to use up yout add on rather than collect them like knick knacks on a shelf like my account(s) are starting to resemble.

When pm reworked and introduced some new international calling add on destinations last year they lowered the price per minute to call the US from $0.0375/$0.04 per minute to $0.015 per minute. However it is only offered as a one size fits all $15/1000 min add on. Each hour of chit chattin' away costs a whopping $0.90!

Enjoy your extra gigs! Youtube your way into the night without a data worry will ya?! 

Paulleewogg

Thanks to everyone who replied to this thread. I made the switch starting next billing cycle. The $40/5gig plan was a great suggestion and I almost switched to that one but, I do have 1 friend in the US I call occasionally and the $40 plan didn't specify that the unlimited calling included the US, so I stayed with the $50 plan. 10 gigs, plus unlimited Canada/US minutes for $50 is fine by me.

Thanks everybody...🙂👍

@Paulleewogg 

Yep...it's a no brainer! Just schedule a plan change on next renewal. Any rewards, add ons, gifted add ons like the "more the merrier" xmas gifts from pm will all stay in the account.

But you do say you struggle to use the data on your current plan. Maybe you should consider being a little more conservative with your data and maybe downgrade your your plan to the $40/5gb plan and save $10 a month. Sometimes less is more......more money in your pocket!

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Paulleewogg  Yes, you can upgrade by "changing plan" to the new $50 plan.  PM has changed the plan couple months ago but even it is the same price, customers need to trigger the plan change manually

yes, changing plan would not affect your Loyalty discount

When you make plan change, you have a choice to change it immediately or change it at the next cycle.  We suggest you to change it in the next cycle if you are in no hurry with the extra data.  If you change it now, they will change you $50 now and start a new cycle now;  the unused portion of the current cycle would be forfeited without refund

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You would still keep your loyalty and autopay rewards.

• If you’ve changed your plan prior to your current plan renewal date, you will receive your Reward credits after you have paid for the new plan, within approximately 24 hours. Rewards will be applied normally from then on.

If you make a plan change, it is recommended to make in next renewal so you don't lose any unused minutes, texts, or data.

Need Help? Let's chat.