cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card purchase re-imbursement

terryo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I switched to Public Mobile today but made a mistake by giving my home phone number instead of cell number to the Walmart agent.  By the time I realized the mistake, the order had been processed and my credit card was charged.  Lockily, the Walmart agent was able to cancel the original order and reprocess a new order using my cell number.  Unfortunately he was not able to credit my credit card for the initial order and told me to get in touch with you to get the credit back.  Either a credit on my next payment or a credit back to my credit card is ok with me.  Please advise. 

8 REPLIES 8

Lol.....Walmart is not a store I trust therefore would not shop there is my recommendation. 

@terryo wrote:

I switched to Public Mobile today but made a mistake by giving my home phone number instead of cell number to the Walmart agent.  By the time I realized the mistake, the order had been processed and my credit card was charged.  Lockily, the Walmart agent was able to cancel the original order and reprocess a new order using my cell number.  Unfortunately he was not able to credit my credit card for the initial order and told me to get in touch with you to get the credit back.  Either a credit on my next payment or a credit back to my credit card is ok with me.  Please advise. 

Wow: That's terrible.  The Walmart employee didn't cancel anything and I believe that two seperate accounts were opened. If so, this shows a serious lack of training.

For anyone in the future, if t a retail store ever tries to process your credit card twice, don't allow it/don't authorize the transaction.  All that will end up happneing is you having mulitiple accounts (and charges).

@BKNS27 wrote:

@terryo 

Lol, my friend did the same thing as what you did.

Anyway, the refund will take up to 30 days...same a a renewal time but it will be a credit in your account.

Then if you can afford @terryo  leave the money in your balance to use for next payment. . All payments are taken from balance first. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@terryo 

Lol, my friend did the same thing as what you did.

Anyway, the refund will take up to 30 days...same a a renewal time but it will be a credit in your account.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@terryo wrote:

@terryo  - oh boy; curious, how would the walmart cancel the original order? I am not sure if they can, if the payment was processed. Unless they contacted the home phone provider.

If your home number is a landline (or other type), call your provider and stop the port (it takes a few days to complete anyhow for landlines).

Then submit a ticket via @Jb456 methods with Public Mobile Customer Support to ask for a refund...or maybe transfer those funds paid onto the real one you wanted activated.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

You gave the wrong number to port or?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@terryo 

Contact customer support and leave s detailed message including a copy of the extra transaction on your credit card. Ask for the credit to be applied on your account balance. I would double check with your landline provider to ensure your landline is not going to be ported.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@terryo 

Contact customer service agents. 

Open a ticket via: 

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html (faster response time) 

Type "ticket" > Click "Contact Us" > Select your issue > "Click here to submit a ticket↗" 

or send a private message to: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

and describe your issue. Include your name,phone #, account #, Email address,4-digit PIN to speed up authentication process.

Need Help? Let's chat.