cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card being used unauthorized by auto pay

Awais123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I do not have a Public Mobile number and never had one. For the past few months, I am getting charged transaction on my credit card on periodic basis. I have replaced my card, and filed fraudulent transaction complaints to my credit card company but the problem is still not resolved. They suggested I reach out to Public Mobile. 

Someone is using my credit card as auto pay, without my authorization. I need immediate help with this issue in getting my credit card information removed from Public Mobile records.  Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

@Awais123 

Dispute the transaction through your credit card provider as an authorized charge.   They are required, by law, to provide you with details on how to process this.   Users are NOT RESPONSIBLE for charges made to their credit card that they did not knowingly make or participate in allowing to be charged.   

In doing this, you must ensure your card was never compromised nor was the credentials and password information ever supplied to anyone for use.

I, too, have done a few chargebacks over the years (not to Public Mobile).   The process with my provider was straight-forward and fairly simple.   In the end, they completely reversed the disputed charges.

@Awais123 wrote:

How do I initiate charge back proceeding? Is this same as reporting this as reporting a fraudulent transaction? I have done this two times before but my credit card company never does anything afterwards.

HI @Awais123   the best charge back  procedure is via your bank.

Once your bank made the charge back, PM will "suspend" the account immediately and won't charge you again.

Whoever acquaintance had the service will get the service stopped.  Best way to treat whoever "stole" your card for tihs 

Awais123

How do I initiate charge back proceeding? Is this same as reporting this as reporting a fraudulent transaction? I have done this two times before but my credit card company never does anything afterwards.

Awais123

I have never had any connection or service with Public Mobile. It is possible someone from acquaintance got my card number and used it but I am not sure who. I reported the transactions to my credit card company (PC) but hey have not done anything so far. (I assume this reporting is what chargeback is).

My credit card company also tells me that the new credit card number automatically gets updated in many companies database without me providing when mastercard issues a new one.  I am not sure what to do here..

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

To be certain, @Awais123, you have NEVER tried to activate a Public Mobile account for yourself or someone else?

If so, do a chargeback on your credit card for the unauthorized transactions.   This will ensure Public Mobile will remove that card from the associated account where it is being used.

Your other option is to reach out to the CSA's and explain your situation to them - however verifying the account will be difficult if it isn't yours...

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here to create a support ticket, or
  2. Send a private message to Customer Support Agent by clicking here.  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

@Awais123 wrote:

Hi,

I do not have a Public Mobile number and never had one. For the past few months, I am getting charged transaction on my credit card on periodic basis. I have replaced my card, and filed fraudulent transaction complaints to my credit card company but the problem is still not resolved. They suggested I reach out to Public Mobile. 

Someone is using my credit card as auto pay, without my authorization. I need immediate help with this issue in getting my credit card information removed from Public Mobile records.  Thanks

As someone has been using your credit card without your knowledge, this is an issue to be dealt with by your bank.  A credit card can only be charged if someone has the new card information. Have you bank change your credit card numer and the charges will stop. 

As for removing your cerdit card information from your account, that can be only done by conact Public Mobile.  Please contact a customer support agent using the chatbot.  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Awais123 

YIKES...is anyone else in you family or circle of trust using the card...with or without your consent ?

ed..

if you don't have a PM account, I suggest you talk to cc issuer to initiate Charge back proceedings.

Need Help? Let's chat.