cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card Declined

ullibodnar
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a credit card set up for autopay and recently I got a text from PM saying that it was declined. This makes no sense as I'm still able to purchase stuff on it and I have had no issues.

I logged on to PM website and removed the card and added a new one and it said it was still declined. I then tried to add a different card which also got declined. 

32 REPLIES 32

helpmedeargod
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

DId you ever get this resolved?

ullibodnar

UPDATE: Thank you all for your input, I finally have this issue resolved. 

Here's what worked for me:

I tried all of the suggestions that users commented but none seemed to work. That's not saying they might not work for you, but they didn't work for me. I eventually had to message @CS_Agent and went back and forth with them a couple of times. They told me to contact my bank, but when I did the bank said there were no errors on my account and that it's likely a PM issue.

Finally, @CS_Agent escalated my problem to a service tech and replied a day later with the following:

"I receive an answer from the technical support department. They said everything is fine now, please before access the Self-Serve account clear the cache and cookies and then insert the credit card details on the online account."

I did what they asked and my problem was solved. I was able to add my CC with no problem. NOTE: I tried clearing the cache and cookies previously as a user suggested but I think there was ultimately a problem with my account or AutoPay that needed to be resolved before I could re-add a credit card. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@mitchnet12 

Funny that....Canadian Tire is one of my least favourite unless of course you take advantage of the SDM promo around Xmas when you get a bonus $25 CT gift card when you purchase $300 of CT gift cards. I find their pm vouchers can have up to an eight hour delay on validity.

My preference are the following retailers without a validity delay on redemption:

1. London Drugs *
  2. Shell stations **
  3. 7/11
  4. SDM
  5. RCSS
  6. TMS
  7. Circle K
  8. Wal-Mart

* pm vouchers qualify for the LD Extras program

** pm vouchers earn air miles

RTP (real time payments) are available at Canadian Tire gas bars and Mobil stations for a $1 fee and are added to your account by giving the clerk your 10 digit phone #.

Online payments can be made at recharge.com and ding.com with about an 8% surcharge.

More info contributed by fellow members on pm vouchers can be found here :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Voucher-Catalogue/m-p/479165#M343905

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

@ullibodnar, normally registering a CC is as simple, But, this does appear that a glitch in the PM Payment system, However, there is also this, I encountered this issue a few times, where PM may require info on the CC so that they can then verify that the card belongs to the individual, I know, that happened to me 2-3x, so if that's the case, PM will have this resolved quickly

mitchnet12
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I had a sudden Auto Pay problem more than a year ago. I had to buy a voucher at Wal-Mart to get my account re-instated quickly. There are other locations that sell vouchers. There are online vendors, such as Recharge, but their services comes with a fee. I did contact a moderator to sort the credit card problem out. Since that time, I have kept ahead with my account by using payment vouchers to avoid losing phone service, especially nowadays. My preferred place to purchase vouchers is at Canadian Tire. If you do decide to purchase a voucher in store, be sure to ask the cashier if they have a binder with pay-as-you-go vouchers, if there aren't any vouchers on display. The vouchers are orange and blue on display and in their binder. It is possible that the PIN code may not activate immediately but I have not had an issue.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ullibodnar 

You only get two payment attempts before having to wait an hour before trying again. Wait out the full hour before trying again. Try adding thru your "edit profile" and the credit card link at the top left. Use your Canada Post address but add any suite number to the street address. Use the full name on the card with ALL CAPS  and no space in the postal code.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Try removing your cc and logout and log back in through incognito mode and register another card, with correct postal code. Test by topping up your balance by $1 and then with your plan amount and then pay and activate the plan.

Keep checking the envelop icon on top right for a reply from CS_Agent.

@ullibodnar wrote:

It says my service has been temporarily suspended. My payment is due on Jan 23, I think the autopay takes it out on the 24th at 12am. That's when I received the text about it not renewing properly. It's hard to say exactly when it cut out because I have an iphone and use wifi for imessage and other apps, and have been home since yesterday. 

@ullibodnar  - that does sound like an Autopay failure.

Is there a balance amount owing? If not, can you select the Resume/Reactivate option?

If an Amount is owing...when you try your credit card again, try adding what is owing by choosing the "Other" amount in the drop down instead of "Amount Due".

If nothing is showing owing, try listing your phone into Lost/Stolen, then go back and unlist it from this status.

Does theResume/Activate option presents itself.

You could also top up your account by $1, to see if the Resume/Activate option presents itself this way too.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ullibodnar : While you wait to figure out what's going on with the card here...you could buy vouchers in many stores or online and redeem them through the 611 service or self-serve. Or you can use instant top-up in a few stores. That way you could at least get your services working.

ullibodnar

It says my service has been temporarily suspended. My payment is due on Jan 23, I think the autopay takes it out on the 24th at 12am. That's when I received the text about it not renewing properly. It's hard to say exactly when it cut out because I have an iphone and use wifi for imessage and other apps, and have been home since yesterday. 

AngH

Try contacting your bank, maybe they have blocked the transaction? This could happen if it's your first time with autopay or if this transaction never happened before 

@ullibodnar wrote:

I figured that, as the message started with (2/2) and there was no message before it so I ignored it. However, about a day ago my phone cut out and so I decided to look into it. 

@ullibodnar  - So, was your renewal Yesterday then?

Does your Account Say "Suspended", or when you call 611, what does it say?

ullibodnar

Right! 

I'm guessing its a problem on their end because my credit card is good. My renewal was sunday, and then yesterday I received a declined notice at 12 am. Not sure what's going on because I've used the credit card today and it was okay. 

ullibodnar

Yeah, I bought gas with it today and groceries yesterday. Not even close to over it's limit and its normally perfectly fine. I even checked the address I have on file with my bank and it matches what I'm putting into PM.

@ullibodnar wrote:

I'm actually set up for autopay so normally it just comes out of my account without me worrying about logging in and dealing with all of this. 

@ullibodnar - yes, Autopay is GREAT! Until, it is not.

Was your renewal today or yesterday?

If you did not have a renewal, then why did you lose services...is what I would also like to know.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ullibodnar : Can we assume the card is still valid and you haven't moved? You need to make sure the address matches your billing address. But if you've been trying things a bunch of times then the entry might be locked out now due to thinking of a fraud. You could try waiting about an hour and try again. Just once or twice and then try again.

ullibodnar

Will do! Hopefully PM answers my direct message before then. 

@ullibodnar wrote:

Yeah tried that first.

@ullibodnar  - if you have continued to try for some time. Stop for at least an hour or so, as Public Mobile may have put a temporary fraud lock on the account.

When you do try again, then open an incognito tab and start fresh.

ullibodnar

I activated probably a year and a half ago - haven't had any chargebacks or anything recently. 

ullibodnar

I'm actually set up for autopay so normally it just comes out of my account without me worrying about logging in and dealing with all of this. 

ullibodnar

Yeah tried that first.

@ullibodnar wrote:

I figured that, as the message started with (2/2) and there was no message before it so I ignored it. However, about a day ago my phone cut out and so I decided to look into it. 

@ullibodnar  - OH, so you have no services?

When did you activate and did you do a chargeback on your credit card at any point?

ullibodnar

Nah, I've been with public mobile for a while now and haven't noticed anything weird on statements. 

@ullibodnar    Did you try to login to self serve and make a manual payment with your registered CC?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@ullibodnar wrote:

I have a credit card set up for autopay and recently I got a text from PM saying that it was declined. This makes no sense as I'm still able to purchase stuff on it and I have had no issues.

I logged on to PM website and removed the card and added a new one and it said it was still declined. I then tried to add a different card which also got declined. 

@ullibodnar  - Are all your services working?

Also, did you happen to activate recently and cancel a Koodo charge that you noticed on your credit card statement?

Because this is what shows up during Public Mobile activation transactions, but going forward will be Public Mobile.

ullibodnar

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@ullibodnar    Try clearing your cache/cookies and use incognito mode or another browser before adding the new CC.

It's possible the text message was sent in error by PM...unfortunately PM does send erroneous messages every now again.  If all your services are working then it's usually safe to ignore the text.

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ullibodnar 

Response time is usually a couple hours, so hopefully you'll hear back tonight itself.

ullibodnar

I tried that after googling for a solution. The thing is, this is a credit card that has worked before so it's beyond me as to why it's not working anymore. 

ullibodnar

Thanks, I just sent them a message. Do you know how long they normally take to respond?

Need Help? Let's chat.