cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Couldn't receive calls. Now they're back, but can't receive SMS.

ZacHFX
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Sometime on Saturday, my phone stopped receiving calls.  I had no idea until my wife tried to call me on Sunday, and it went straight to VM.  Late theis morning, it suddenly started working again, and three voicemails I'd received over the last 72 hours pushed all at once.

So while I can now receive calls, I can't receive SMS.  I'm not sure how long that's been going on for.  When I look in my usage online, I see the incoming texts, but they aren't being pushed to me.  Also, I am having a similar issue to this.  There's an outgoing text to 7723 every time I restart my phone, and this is from a freshly factory reset Pixel XL, with no apps installed.  These texts, whatever they are, don't show in the SMS history on my phone.

I've rebooted countless times, removed and reinserted the SIM, even factory reset.  Nothing is working so far.  Any help would be appreciated!

1 REPLY 1

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

While we wait for an Android aficionado, try your SIM in another unlocked phone to rule out phone malfunction. If it's not your phone, click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with your phone number, account PIN, and an explanation.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.