Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contradictory Customer Service?!

79lemmonjr
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

(⁠ノ⁠•̀⁠ ⁠o⁠ ⁠•́⁠ ⁠)⁠ノ⁠ ⁠~⁠ ⁠┻⁠━⁠┻

^^ that's a table flip btw 

How stupid is this? I reached out to customer service to ask if they would make an exception and allow me to transfer my points to a friend who can't afford to pay her bill and is dealing with a lot of heavy life stuff right now. I get a reply from one agent making it seem like this would be possible and I gave him the requested information only to recieve a second reply from another customer service agent telling me they can't. So messed up. Opinions??

AddText_09-28-03.02.54.png

18 REPLIES 18

@mitchnet12- You can absolutely use the toll free to enter a voucher. No pin/password required. But yes, you'd need their number. And of course you could send them the voucher code itself.

I think it should be allowed to move balance and points between accounts. I also think we should be able to use balance or points to buy phones and sims. But we don't run the place.

mitchnet12
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I wonder if it would be an option to purchase a voucher in store, and top up their account by dialing 1-855-478-2542 (assuming that you have their number). Unfortunately I don't have a way to confirm if you can do a top up without a password/pin. The other option may be to send them the code and dial *611. It's unfortunate that you can't transfer your points.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

The problem is the consistency of how policies are applied and we have read of CSA's making exceptions to the official policy before.  I don't see the harm in doing an exception in some rare cases especially when it's to help out another customer going through a rough patch.   

@79lemmonjr wrote:

And what reason would be legitimate as to why they won't allow the transfer of points. Either way, one account or the other will use them, so why does it matter which account they are used by? Makes no sense to me.

Increased tickets due to this request to CSA could be one reason, I could guess @79lemmonjr .

Then it gets screwed up and gets even more messy. Maybe to avoid more room for error, just don't do it. Or, maybe there are security issues involved, like someone trying to do this fraudulently. 

Alycatstraz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yah I definitely don't see what the reason would be that they would not allow this. Sorry for your luck friend and your friends hard times 

79lemmonjr

And what reason would be legitimate as to why they won't allow the transfer of points. Either way, one account or the other will use them, so why does it matter which account they are used by? Makes no sense to me.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

This is true, unfortunately their system isn't ideal where it keeps getting passed around to different ppl and you will many times get contradictory responses and takes awhile and is a bit of mess clarifying. It happened with the 2Gb promos being passed on to the 4G plans where one said it could, and then found out that is definitely not the  case, also happened with the 5 for 5 refer a friend promo where they told me that the friend wont get the 10 and you won't get a your 1 a month for the first 5 months, which I knew wasn't true and then 3 reps later it finally got rectified.

Many years ago (my first go round with PM) you used to be able to transfer an outstanding balance to another PM customer if you were leaving so theoretically the points thing back then would probably be allowed but soon after I left I guess they changed that policy and you haven't been able to do so since. It would be nice if you could, but I think this was yet another case of one rep not knowing what is going on while the other does, unfortunately you got it in the wrong order.

@RossN wrote:

@79lemmonjr hi unfortunately that is not thier policy here I would do it myself if possible  

And this may be the basis of why PM does not 'do' this @RossN ...well if he/she could do it, why can't I, and so on and so on. It sets precedence to allow it, then others may find reasons to complain and build their case.

Kind of a process nightmare. So solution, just allow it! 😀

79lemmonjr

Wrong. They can make exceptions. 

79lemmonjr

What they normally allow is they keyword here. So they can they just won't. Very disheartening and disappointing. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Reading that screenshot you added @79lemmonjr , it didn't really say they would do it. But it does seem to suggest they may consider it. I wonder what tips the scales?

79lemmonjr

Well exactly. I posted a while ago inquiring about this and someone suggested I ask if they'd make the exception. So it's not that it's not possible it's that they don't normally allow it however when one agent replies and suggests they can why would another then reply that they can't. So it CAN be done the one agent just decided that they WON'T do it 

79lemmonjr

I added the screenshot 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

It is not policy to do fund transfers, but then I have heard of things being done on an exceptional basis.  It would be nice that if an exception was made by one agent for whatever reason, other agents play on the same team.  

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@79lemmonjr hi unfortunately that is not thier policy here I would do it myself if possible  

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@79lemmonjr  - although that would be great to do, this seems like against what Public Mobile normally allows. Same with balances or rewards or addons transferring from one account to another, I understand this is just not done.

It would not be the first time a CSA says one thing, and another one says another. I don't believe this is too uncommon actually in the customer service/care field (not ideal though, as consistency is important).

Alycatstraz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yah that's some backwards customer service .... Do you have the replies? Possibly upload a screenshot if you wouldnt mind sharing 

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@79lemmonjr   PM does not allow transfer of anything between accounts. The first agent was incorrect.

cartoon-teachable-moment.gif

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.