cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confusion reigns with billing

silversong
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Could someone please explain how to understand the billing information on PM? I look at what I am billed in transaction history and worry than I am being overbilled as I cannot figure out the in's and out's of the charges. For example, I am on a 90 day billing cycle, this cycle started Oct 4th. My service was suspended saying I owed $81.00 ($9 in available funds). I made that payment, however my plan was not reactivated, saying I needed to pay another $90 for Jan 4th cycle. So this is like paying 6 months in advance of use to have service? 

5 REPLIES 5

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@silversong before reactivating your 90 day plan, may I suggest switching to one of the current 30 day plans. they are much better than the grandfather 90 day plans. you won't have to pay so much in advance, plus you will have the versatility to move up and down plans, depending on your data needs.

contact customer support mods if you're still having issues

click on the question mark chat bubble to the bottom right of your screen
type "no service"
(use the chat bubble options, then click "submit a ticket, click me" option)
*login using your community account

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

@silversong wrote:

Could someone please explain how to understand the billing information on PM? I look at what I am billed in transaction history and worry than I am being overbilled as I cannot figure out the in's and out's of the charges. For example, I am on a 90 day billing cycle, this cycle started Oct 4th. My service was suspended saying I owed $81.00 ($9 in available funds). I made that payment, however my plan was not reactivated, saying I needed to pay another $90 for Jan 4th cycle. So this is like paying 6 months in advance of use to have service? 

I suggest paying another $9. I suspect that you might not have got $9 in rewards and that payjng that could cause the plan to work again.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@silversong 

If @will13am suggestion of reactivating your account didn't work ( did you reboot your phone after hitting the reactivate button?) Then try using the lost/stolen feature in your account to suspend your service. Then log out. Wait 1 min. Log in. Unsuspend. Does your account say active? Log out. Reboot phone. Your service should be active.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@silversong Yes, its confusing to understand. They break down each component of your plan and also the rewards you are currently getting. If you add the credits/debit, you should have to pay Plan cost - Rewards. Tax is directly charged on your payment method. 

There was a thread created by one of our community member. I can't locate that at the moment. 

There it is: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Public-Mobile-Website-Changes/m-p/18323...

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@silversong , what plan are you on at the moment?  I assume it is a legacy 90 day plan as there are no 30 day plans that cost so much.  In the overview tab, you should be able to see the base plan cost along with account funds.  If you go to the rewards tab, you will see rewards estimates which will reduce the renewal cost.  If your account is suspended, there should be a reactive button that you can use to restore the account to active status.  

Need Help? Let's chat.