cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conditional Forwarding with VoLTE

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

I was converted/enabled for VoLTE service with Public Mobile today. Indeed, I remain on LTE or LTE+ while on a call now. Great! Call setup is imperceptibly faster and call quality is exactly the same, so most people won't notice any difference. But if this means I can reliably make calls if I travel to the USA now that will be a major improvement.

Anyhow, the only limitation I've found so far is I cannot set conditional call forwards. ie (When busy, when unavailable, and when busy). Previously these could be set either in the call forwarding menu of the phone app, or manually using the *61, *62, and *67 codes. If I try to set any of those through the menu or through those codes I now only receive an error "Connection problem or invalid MMI code."

For those who have been converted/enabled for VoLTE service, could you also test to see if you can reproduce this? Basically it means now that I have been provisioned for VoLTE service, I can't use a 3rd party voicemail service like YouMail -- for now at least.

test by dialing:
*61*12504125922#

If it ends up working, you can undo it with:
##61#

(example number is a test number from http://thetestcall.blogspot.com/ )

I opened a ticket with CS agents and they just tell me to use the *61, *62, *67 codes as usual, so maybe they're not aware of an issue with this function on VoLTE yet so I thought I'd ask for further verification/testing here.

Thanks! - N

64 REPLIES 64

@LitlLdy wrote:

@Nezgar , I requested a support ticket & it was sent to tech support CSA Diane which she sent me a text message to my phone for troubleshooting & information. My call forwarding is now worked again!

Edit: Also, I am now using YouMail again! 😃

Interesting. Well, I can live without YouMail for a little while -- I think I'll let the dust settle before I bug the CSA's myself again. I'm mostly just happy that VoLTE calling is working, and the prospect of reliable calls when I travel to the USA in the near future. Maybe the conditional forwarding issue will sort itself out eventually as they work through things on the back end.

@LitlLdy- Whatever they did is not network-wide. The dial code or dialer still doesn't work for me.

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Nezgar , I requested a support ticket & it was sent to Diane from tech support which she sent me a text message to my phone for troubleshooting & information. My call forwarding is now working again!

Edit: Also, I am now using YouMail again! 😃

HI@Williamlu1166     iPhone 8 and above is supported on VoLTE already

Make sure you change your network to  4G   (again, 4G is LTE) 

Williamlu1166
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@dust2dust Yes, it's set to LET. No VoLET shows up below.

Williamlu1166

@hTideGnow iPhone 8 plus.

@Williamlu1166- And it's set to LTE? If you had volte enabled on the account then the toggle would show up below.

HI @Williamlu1166   What iPhone model you have?

Williamlu1166

@dust2dust I can't see VoLTE on my iPhone only 3G, and LTE. Maybe it's an older version of IOS.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

@Lieux- Oh. I thought you were talking about the subject line previously. @Williamlu1166 - nevermind for now. Although come to think of it really nevermind as I think the *5005* dial code is for the long press 1 to get to voicemail or however iphones do it.

John_Hey

@Lieux  unconditional call forwarding (21) works for me.

conditional forwarding is not working (61,62,67).

see this:  https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/call-forwarding 

@Nezgar  I did forwarding all my calls to another number, which was not the voicemail number.

Everything is ok now…means that no more forwarding is set now with my calls. I can answer directly. I don’t know if that’s what you asked…

@Lieux wrote:

@John_Hey I suggest that you contact them again and ask for a reset in the back of your account for the forwarding. They contacted me yesterday and did that…again and everything is ok now. Strange things about the voicemail notifications and forwarding…but they know about it and the more we report about this problem the more they can do. That’s what the agent told me.

When you say "everything is ok now" do you mean you confirmed you were able to set custom designations for conditional forwards other than the default voicemail?

My experience after VoLTE enablement has been that I can set "unconditional" forwarding, but cannot set "conditional" forwards - those are locked set to public mobile voicemail service.

@Williamlu1166- Maybe this could be a workaround different question to ask support. If the *5005* dial code doesn't work to forward to a different number then ask them to fix that problem. Then maybe the minute consumption would stop. Can you look in your phone settings for volte? Not sure it's needed for the question.

@John_Hey I suggest that you contact them again and ask for a reset in the back of your account for the forwarding. They contacted me yesterday and did that…again and everything is ok now. Strange things about the voicemail notifications and forwarding…but they know about it and the more we report about this problem the more they can do. That’s what the agent told me.

John_Hey

I have exact same issue, contacted CS, they said it is known issue and they are working on it. it has been 7 days since since I reported the issue still no fix

I think it's the value of many of the regulars here. Getting to the bottom of things. Testing things for themselves to see it with their own eyes. Figuring out the boundaries of what works and what doesn't. Checking and verifying stated replies. Steering those replies to being correct so as to not send the customers off on an errant wild goose chase.

And then there are other regulars who just shove customers off to the support team who, as you have demonstrated, all too often don't know what they're talking about or just walk the customer through the same things we can do.

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

I want to say thank you to those that responded & have shared your info & experience even though this is not my post & somewhat a different subject 💕

@Nezgar , thanks for posting this post. It’s good to know about the little bugs & learning to overcome them all together from our own experiences & mistakes. It makes it all so much easier.

@Nezgar  That’s the game!😉 I just tried another time with your suggestion and it worked finally…*61*14385804001# 😁😁

So the forwarding works for me. Even with VoLTE.

@Lieux wrote:

@Nezgar Doesn’t help. I wrote to an agent to reset my voicemail on the back. I had a same problem few days ago. The forwarding is not for me anymore.😉

Darn. Sorry it cause some minor grief, but thanks for volunteering to try!!

@Nezgar Doesn’t help. I wrote to an agent to reset my voicemail on the back. I had a same problem few days ago. The forwarding is not for me anymore.😉

@LitlLdy wrote:

@Lieux wrote:

@Nezgar  It worked for me. But now I am stuck with the forwarding…it doesn’t stop even with the ##21#. 🤪

@Lieux , have you tried ##004# to see if it will undo/reset it?

Also try the 3 conditional reset codes individually: ##61#, ##62#, and ##67#.

Also as another workaround idea try setting all three manually to a Public Mobile deposit number, ie:

*61*13065804001#

*62*13065804001#

*67*13065804001#

Use this list to pick a voicemail number in your area: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-Numbers/...

Also try setting one of those numbers using the options in the app instead of dialing the codes...

@hTideGnow wrote:

Hi @Nezgar were you one of those with voice problem 2 weeks ago?  I think after that, the forwarding was screw up/reset.  So, I am not sure if the forwarding was a problem or that or a problem of VoLTE enablement 

Nope, I've been working solid on 3G/non-VoLTE the whole time. I suspect those who had issues were part of an early problematic wave of customers converted to VoLTE...

siberianquirk

@will13am located in the BC interior. YouMail has a built in activation feature so I was using that. I assume it is dialling the codes in the background.

@LitlLdy  Doesn’t help.😫

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Nezgar were you one of those with voice problem 2 weeks ago?  I think after that, the forwarding was screw up/reset.  So, I am not sure if the forwarding was a problem or that or a problem of VoLTE enablement 

@siberianquirk , would you mind identifying which province you are located.  I am curious where the rollout is happening.  Also are you doing the conditional forwarding from the app settings or using forwarding codes. 

@Lieux wrote:

@Nezgar  It worked for me. But now I am stuck with the forwarding…it doesn’t stop even with the ##21#. 🤪

@Lieux , have you tried ##004# to see if it will undo/reset it?

siberianquirk

I was just updated to VoLTE yesterday (it was automatic, I didn’t request it).

I had previously setup YouMail and I just tested to see if it still works, but my voicemail has been reset to the standard Public Mobile voicemail. 
I tried to set up YouMail again, but I get an activation error.

Need Help? Let's chat.