cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarifying cost of reactivating?

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Helping a friend reactivate after about 85 days of inactivity. Wanted to make sure the cost is right.

They're on $25/mo with 1GB. Had $84 credit (think they bought a $100 voucher), $9/mo in Rewards ($2 autopay, $5 loyalty, $2 referrals). I couldn't find a way to trigger reactivation because "amount due" was $0. I gave up and charged $1 to their credit card, and now their credit is $60 (net charge $25), Active, and payment due Mar 24. So I know it's working (they're not in PM coverage).

But was the $25 charge right? I assumed they wouldn't get the $2 autopay but thought they might get the other Rewards. If not, it was still worth saving $45 (3*$15) they would have paid.

While I'm at it, it says $2 in Referrals, which is about right, but then lists 8 numbers. That's a known glitch right?

Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10

ottawa

Good news all around, the CS agents posted the Feb Rewards manually on Mar 22, balance changed from CR$60 to CR$69. Then a new set of Rewards and billing posted automatically on Mar 24, and all is right with the world ("world" defined as this account on this carrier 🙂 ).

Thanks everyone for your help and advice on this thread (and the others). When things get fixed fast, it makes it easier to convince my friends they're better off than before we moved them, and their support came from walking into a [name redacted, but not Rogers or Telus] store from the Big 3.

ottawa

Finally got around to submitting a ticket, hope to hear back tomorrow. BTW from what I can tell the "submit a ticket" link from the end of a tedious chatbot session is broken. I tried several times (and 2 different browsers) but clicking on that link opened a screen that might have had potential, but immediately disappeared for a 404. "Whoops! Looks like we were too busy thinking about you. 404"

I mentioned that to the agent when I submitted a message directly. Will report back what I hear.

Thanks.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ottawa 

I suspect that you didn't suspend via lost/stolen and then log out/in and then resume service. The autopay reward is earned by the mere fact that it is enabled at the time of renewal. As long as you enable it before midnight eastern upon renewal entitles you to the reward. This is why you get the extra $2 autopay reward (previous to January 25th) when you activate and sign up for autopay but not if you pay by voucher or don't register for autopay but register immediately after activation. The reactivate button only prompts you to pay to reactivate your plan it doesn't actually do anything to reactivate your plan.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ottawa : Again, it depends on the timing of the self-suspend. If you did it after midnight ET of the new day then the rewards would have been paid in and you'll need to wait until next term to fix the anticipated bug then. If you did it before, then you are entitled to the rewards now but I can kinda get your thinking of autopay.

ottawa

@darlicious 

Not sure I followed all the details of what you said :), but from memory what I did was click on "reactivate on this plan" but nothing happened, so then I undid the "lost/stolen" (which I had inferred would be incorporated into "reactivate") and still nothing happened, it was still sitting with $84 credit and no service. I only waited a few minutes but was worried as they were closer to the deadline than I like (I think they were 3 days short or something) so I paid $1 which triggered the deduction of $25. 

They expect to be using PM again in less than 30 days, so no benefit to switching to $15 and going back into hibernation. 

I'll get with the mods in the next day or 2, to see if they can credit at least the Loyalty and Referral rewards (Autopay to, but I can see the logic of not getting that).

Thanks.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ottawa 

Yes that's one way to do it. The other way would have been to resume service via lost/stolen then immediately suspend again. Log out/in. Resume the service and the plan should automatically reactivate. It can be a bit tricky when the balance on the account exceeds the plan amount.

I recently did the same for a friend but had scheduled a change plan on next renewal to the $15. However when I checked the scheduled change had disappeared so I chose the $15 plan and switched to change now and suspended again via lost/stolen. Logged in/out. Resumed and dang it if it didnt charge the account both the $25 and the $15 plan at the same time! A CSA credited the $25 back but I still haven't quite figured out where I went wrong?🤔

If your friend will be suspending again for the same reason if they are not on a grandfathered plan then changing to the $15 plan for 30 days of necessary reactivation after the 90 days of suspension helps save a little more money. Scheduling a change plan on next renewal back to the $25 if it will be needed during the active 30 days should work as intended (unlike mine?!!)

If you suspend via lost/stolen shortly after midnight eastern on the renewal day once the rewards have been applied but before 2am eastern avoids the need to contact customer support to have the rewards applied manually. However suspending before midnight eastern will keep your voicemail active throughout the length of suspension which can be very useful. Either way that you suspend you will still qualify for the autopay reward.

@Anonymous 

On another note I had a reoccurence of the odd glitch of half of my rewards applying after briefly suspending via lost/stolen in the last 30 days. I was told that the tech team had investigated and it was a one off glitch associated to my account alone. So I tried it on my other account and it occurred again. So its isolated to only my accounts? I'm wondering if it has occurred to others as well? Loyalty and Refer-a-friend rewards applied at renewal but autopay and community did not. They had to be applied manually by a CSA. Very curious?🤔

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

ottawa

Thank you all. Yes, I had them do the "Lost/Stolen" function because of the large credit balance. That's also my habit from the old days, when it was recommended to me in case the cancellation of autopay failed for some reason.

I was expecting the autopay would probably fail, but I was surprised the other Rewards didn't post. I'll recommend they (probably I) contact admins to ask for the credits. They still saved close to $48 by not paying $16/mo for almost 3 months, so if that ended up costing them $9 on the first reactivated month, so be it. But costing them nothing (or even $2) would be even better. 🙂

Thanks again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ottawa : With the balance already on hand you must have used the Lost/stolen to suspend. If you did that shortly after midnight ET of what was to be the new term then the rewards would have paid in. If you did it before midnight then you should ask for the rewards to be deposited now after the fact as you are entitled to them. If you did do it after midnight then you will need to wait for the next renewal to then ask for them to be deposited.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@ottawa   When an account gets suspended, the rewards don't always get applied but you/or your friend should submit a ticket to CSA either via chatbot bubble bottom right of screen or send a private message via envelope icon top right to CS_Agent and ask them to manually apply the missed rewards to the account which will be used for the next payment cycle.

Edit:  regarding the referrals list, yes since PM started the Public Points system it seems even referrals who may have left PM are still being shown in the account so you can no longer go by that list of numbers as actual referrals.  edit:  also strongly advise your friend to not switch to the new points as you can't go back to the old rewards after and they are much inferior for long term customers.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@ottawa Hi it sounds like you have it covered😁

Need Help? Let's chat.