cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chat bot incorrect, Public won't correct the issue, Managers non existent

NoName5887
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I moved and want to get a new number on my account (lots of referral rewards) but still retain my old number for a while, so I hoped on chat and asked if this was possible.  The bot gave me detailed instructions to open a second account with a new number and then contact support to have them swapped.

When I contacted support, this couldn't be done.  And they told me I was lying and there was nothing they could do, until I replicated a few searches to prove that the bot gives out inaccurate and incorrect information.  

The CS_Agents have been infuriating to say the least.  They ask questions and then selectively read the answers.  You get 3 new ones per day and have to start from scratch with everyone.  They don't seem to understand that their systems made a mistake and it is their responsibility to fix it - either do what the bot says, apply promos to the new account to mimic the old, or refund the new account.

I finally asked for a manager and was told not to reply until a manager contacted me in 24-48 hours.  It has now been 96 hours.  

Am I a special case, or is Public just like this?  I haven't needed to deal with Service in the 4 years and multiple accounts I have with them.

8 REPLIES 8

Hi @NoName5887, I've been informed that our Support Team has been in contact with you, please let me know if there are any issues. 

NoName5887

"To ensure this is addressed promptly..."  

I have been waiting for over a week to get this fixed.  How long is it going to take?  Is anyone in the escalated realm going to respond?  

Ck_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize for the confusion and the inconvenience caused by the information provided by the Chatbot. We are currently piloting enhancements to the Chatbot system, and we acknowledge there have been some hiccups along the way. Please rest assured, we are actively working to resolve these issues to prevent similar situations in the future.

This experience is not the standard we strive for and we take your concerns very seriously. To ensure this is addressed promptly, we have escalated this case. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to resolve this.

Jujuu

I also

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@NoName5887 

I am not sure that you can swap between 2 accounts or have have 2 numbers in 1 account. I don’t think it can be done.

I agree that this should be fixed on Chatbot.

@NoName5887 

The chatbot did give bad advice.  Not sure if it is technically still possible to switch numbers.  Need to wait for manager response. 

I will let PM staff know about this chatbot issue, so it should be corrected.  

NoName5887

Two accounts with two numbers, the long standing account with all the perks having the new number. 

If the bot told me they didn't allow porting between PM accounts, I would have done things differently and probably left PM.  But, the bot told me to open a second account and contact a CS_Agent to swap the numbers.

I've played around with the bot a little and it gives a lot of really bad and incorrect advice.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@NoName5887 

Interesting that the chat bot would recommend that option.

In the last few years. Public mobile has not allowed porting from one PM number to another PM number.  Or switching number between two PM accounts. 

What exactly do you want to happen?  Do you want two phone number on one account?  When you state "moved", does that mean you want to port to another company?  

Looks like that you have to wait for manager response. 

Need Help? Let's chat.