cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged for Phone Order that Couldn't Even be Processed

karakann3210
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So since I need a new phone, I looked for one on the Public Mobile shop and found an awesome one that just barely fit inside of my budget (the TCL 20 PRO 5G, for $394.37, with free shipping).

For some reason, it wouldn't let me log in to my Public Mobile account in the checkout, but it's fine. I continued as a Guest.

Anyway, I wanted to ship it to my family's place since it's still my official address. I had my current residence's address on my bank account, but prior to ordering, I changed it to match my family's address since the billing and shipping address have to be the exact same for getting a phone.

When I tried to buy the phone, it told me the ZIP codes don't match. (I guess I tried too soon?) In other words, the order didn't go through.

Normally, this wouldn't really be a problem because I could just refresh and try again immediately, or try again later today, or even tomorrow. However, it charged my Credit Card anyway!

The chat assistant bot on here couldn't help me with this issue and it seems like making a community account was my only way of potentially reaching someone. Can anyone from the company please tell me when my credit card payment will be refunded? Or do I have to talk to my bank directly about cancelling the payment?

I'm also worried about trying to buy a phone from the shop in the future, after my refund. Should I wait a certain amount of time before trying again? I want to avoid the same problem happening, especially for that much money.

5 REPLIES 5

karakann3210

Oh my goodness, you're a lifesaver, thank you very much!

@karakann3210 is this a new area? why postal code unmatch?

do you have another address you can ship to, like a relative or friend?

And try again using Incognito mode..

@karakann3210 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

*customer support doesn't always respond promptly. please be patient and check your inbox every few hours to see if there is a response

CSA are available from
- Monday to Friday: 6AM- 10PM EST
- Saturday and Sunday: 6AM- 10PM EST  

karakann3210

I tried. However, since the order was never processed in the first place, I never got a confirmation email from them with an order number inside. That means I can't even submit a support ticket at all. 😞

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@karakann3210  This isn’t a small deal that can be rectified in this forum.. do the CSA  MESSAGE THING..

Need Help? Let's chat.