cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged 5 times over 2 months

Mb17
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Began my plan in May, signed up at Wal-Mart but had 2 failed attempts due to errors in their systems. I've now been charged 3 times in May for full price and 2 times in June for smaller amounts (still totaling more than my bill). Any way to find out what's wrong or get a refund?

10 REPLIES 10

Patrick_R
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I would think its not a problem to get a moderator to isuue a refund or you can use the credit on your account to future service

Mb17
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks everyone for the replies, I've contacted the moderators with screenshots in hand. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Mb17  it's not the best way to start with a new company.

The way I read your story your cc was  charged on the 2 failed attempts in may, then it was charged on the successful attempt. Now in June(assuming renewal) you had 2 charges for less than the plan cost. 

The 2 in June are strange as it should be only one. 

As mentioned The easiest way is to post a payment history screenshot.  We can help decipher what is happening. 

Do you recall the Walmart person taking a second sim out? That could account for the 2 charges in June. 

If the failed payments do not show in history you will need to provide the mod team with screenshots of your credit card statement as proof. (assuming this will be the case for may) 

Just a FYI it is much quicker to get funds credited to account for future payments than to get a refund(3weeks if I recall). Also do not initiate a charge back on cc, it could cause bigger payment problems down the road. 

@Triguy wrote:

@geopublic It is the discretion of the moderators to make the decision whether or not to issue a refund.

@Triguy  Yes, but if the OP can prove that he was overcharged incorrectly then it's not a matter of discretion it's his money and he is entitled to a refund.

@geopublic It is the discretion of the moderators to make the decision whether or not to issue a refund.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@Mb17 wrote:

Began my plan in May, signed up at Wal-Mart but had 2 failed attempts due to errors in their systems. I've now been charged 3 times in May for full price and 2 times in June for smaller amounts (still totaling more than my bill). Any way to find out what's wrong or get a refund?

Which plan did you sign-up for? There may also be a $10+tax charge for the SIM card.

How much were the May charges? Were they dated the same day?

What about the June charges? Amounts and dates?

Is it possible the Walmart rep signed you up for more than one account / plan?

Get a screenshot of your credit card statements. Or even better, get the transaction details from your credit card account. This will provide proof if you overpaid.

@Triguy wrote:

PM plans are prepaid so no guarantee for getting a refund but try contacting a moderator.

Moderator can be reached at 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@Triguy  If the customer was incorrectly charged then he is entitled to a credit in his account or to a refund if he wishes.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Mb17 wrote:

@Mb17  If you dont mind posting a screenshot of you payment history for the last 90 days minus any personal info of course we can help you decipher what happend.

If you don't want to post a screenshot then you need to notify the moderator team. 

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Note: Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

* Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team *

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Mb17 wrote:

I would contact the contact the moderators, you can send them a private message here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

PM plans are prepaid so no guarantee for getting a refund but try contacting a moderator.

Moderator can be reached at 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.