cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing plans says I'll lose current promotions

LoreckAvery
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Im' going to change my plan, when I click it it has a large warning saying "you will lose current promotions" what does that mean? Does it mean I lose my rewards? Does it mean I lose my add ons? Anyone know?

8 REPLIES 8

Korth
Mayor / Maire

If you used a promo code then you got some kind of promo bonus. Most promos give a bonus on each billing cycle for the first six months - a discount or some extra data, whatever - and most of these are conditional, you lose the ongoing promo bonus if you switch away from the promo plan. Doesn't matter if you switch plans after the promo bonus has already stopped.

Rewards/Points, Available Funds, Add-ons, and fixed Promotion items are attached to the account, not the plan. They don't fall off the account until they're consumed.

The details are always explicitly outlined on the announcement page related to the specific promo. Public Mobile can't really be blamed when their customers don't bother to read or remember the details.

It's good to know there's a warning, that you need to pause and decide and commit, that you can't inadvertently cancel your promo with a single impulsive or errant click.

You are lucky then, it won't effect, unfortunately the people that do that those might think twice especially the permanent 2GB bonus as that would be alot your are leaving on the table. 

@LoreckAvery wrote:

Thanks, switched plans and had no extra data promotions. Rewards, free Gigs of data etc all stayed there!

HI @LoreckAvery   Yes, those are all good.  Only those activation bonus will be affected.  I guess you don't have that.  Enjoy your new plan

LoreckAvery
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thanks, switched plans and had no extra data promotions. Rewards, free Gigs of data etc all stayed there!

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @LoreckAvery 

do you have any  activation bonus, like 2GBBonus?    That would be gone if you change plan

But other rewards like Loyalty, Friend referral, Autopay reward or Community reward will all stay

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@LoreckAvery @Hi no you will not lose rewards or add ons but some promotions like extra 2 gigs for six months for example could be effected best to ask a cs agent to make sure

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I think that warning has always been there. J_PM replied earlier saying that the bonus activation data would be lost if going from 3G to 4G.

Still no certainty with moving around in either group.

Freebies and rewards would be untouched.

Need Help? Let's chat.