cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing my plan

Baddboyy78
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If I change my plan is there a additional cost?

10 REPLIES 10

@Tsawwassen wrote:

No additional cost to change plans. It's a beautiful option available because if on certain month you need extra data you can just upgrade to a higher plan and when no longer required revert back to a lower priced plan. 

For example if you only need limited data then switch to the $15 3G plan but if you need more and faster data then just switch to the $40 plan that offers 15GB data at 4G and of course back again just before the end of the 30 day cycle. Good luck.

There will be adidtional costs to swithcing plans in that matter.  I understand switching if data has ran out, but switching back to the less expensive plan before the end of the 30 day cycle will cause the customer to lose money on a partial plan cycle that went unused (compared to a scheduled change).

Tsawwassen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

No additional cost to change plans. It's a beautiful option available because if on certain month you need extra data you can just upgrade to a higher plan and when no longer required revert back to a lower priced plan. 

For example if you only need limited data then switch to the $15 3G plan but if you need more and faster data then just switch to the $40 plan that offers 15GB data at 4G and of course back again just before the end of the 30 day cycle. Good luck.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Nothing more or less than the price of the plan you choose.

If you do an immediate plan change, the 30-day cycle starts again from the date of the immediate plan change as if you’re starting all over.

There’s no proration of unused time remaining from the cycle you were on toward the price of the new plan.

If you choose to start the new plan immediately you will be billed right away.  Your previous payment for the current ongoing plan cycle will be lost.  

@Baddboyy78 wrote:

Hey thanks for answering me.. what do you mean I will forfeit the remaining usage ? Because I just bought my plan starting yesterday 

It means that if you select immediate plan change, you need to pay for the new plan right away. If you do that, the plan that you already paid for gets wiped and you won't get any of the money back that you already paid for that plan.

@Jlund wrote:

There is no additional cost. You can do it easily in self serve in your account 

Please see the earlier responses that mention scheduling a change.  If someone does an immediate, change, there will absolutely be an additional cost as the csutomer would lose the time remaing from the original plan and won't be refund for it.  In addition, a more expensive plan will require the customer to pay the higher price for future renewals.

Baddboyy78
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey thanks for answering me.. what do you mean I will forfeit the remaining usage ? Because I just bought my plan starting yesterday 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Baddboyy78 no additional cost.   Just make sure you pick Change plan on renewal date when you make the plan change 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Baddboyy78 , if you choose the option to change the plan on the next scheduled renewal then there's no additional costs.  Immediate renewal will forfeit the remaining usage in the current plan cycle. 

Jlund
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

There is no additional cost. You can do it easily in self serve in your account 

Need Help? Let's chat.