cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed plan - on Autopay - Account suspended?

rosielarose
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Good morning,

I switched from a 90 day plan to a 30 day plan about a week ago, and the new 30 day plan was set to start when my 90 day expired.  I've been on Autopay.  My last text from PM is my payment was due July 31.   My phone isn't working today.  My Account says my account is suspended, and my Autopay will happen on August 1.  Is there something I can do?

10 REPLIES 10

polisheagle
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The same thing happened to me but I changed my payment method. Got the text saying I would renew soon (July 31) and then lost service saying my account is suspended. But I also got the text saying I received my rewards. I'm waiting for a mod to reply to my message.

rosielarose

An update - and in case someone else is reading with the same problem:

I tried to top up the payment yesterday (ahead of today's Autopay),  but my phone still didn't work.  It's not working today either.  

Oddly enough, I did get one text yesterday - and it was from Public Mobile congratulating me on the rewards I've earned.  But still no outside service. 

Thanks for the advice, folks.  I'll wait my turn with the moderators, I guess. 

911onFire
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@rosielarose I manually paid via *611. With my activated service, I checked my account and it said my next autopay withdrawal will be in Oct .

kai
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Same thing here. Got plan expired today when I have AutoPay setup. You can manully added credit to you account and will not be charged tomorrow as I did last time. I am waitting for @CS_Agent to fix this for me as I can not do manully load every time. 

BTW. I am on 90 days plan. 

rosielarose

Thank you both! 

I think I've messaged @Moderator_Team with my issue. 

Would just making a payment today solve my problem?  Or would I just end up paying the plan twice over tomorrow- or just not solving that day lapse between the new 30 day plan expiry, and when the payment date for the old 90 day Autopay?

911onFire
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Had a similar issue but didn't change plans. Autopay just didn't kick in for some reason. I was without service, no text, no voice, no data. It said my account suspended.

I had to call *611 and maually charge another payment which activated my service. 

I kept restarting my phone this morning thinking I dropped it or Telus was down.

@Someone_here wrote:
@will13am wrote:

unless your service actually stops working, don't worry about what the account says. 

@will13am, have you read the original post? 😉 

@rosielarose wrote:

Good morning,

I switched from a 90 day plan to a 30 day plan about a week ago, and the new 30 day plan was set to start when my 90 day expired.  I've been on Autopay.  My last text from PM is my payment was due July 31.   My phone isn't working today.  My Account says my account is suspended, and my Autopay will happen on August 1.  Is there something I can do?

Oops, I am going back to bed.

@will13am wrote:

unless your service actually stops working, don't worry about what the account says. 

@will13am, have you read the original post? 😉 

@rosielarose wrote:

Good morning,

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@rosielarose, unless your service actually stops working, don't worry about what the account says.  During the renewal process, the account goes through various temporary phases that look very disturbing.  If you don't touch anything, everything will sort itself out and the account will show active status when the renewal process completes some time in the middle of the night.

Someone_here
Mayor / Maire

@rosielarose wrote:

My last text from PM is my payment was due July 31. My Account says my account is suspended, and my Autopay will happen on August 1. 

This ^^  behavior is normal, however your phone should be working. Contact the moderators to get some help!

Need Help? Let's chat.