cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed plan, but main account page still shows old plan.

kmartynov
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Main Account page shows:

• Payment Due Before: Oct 31, 2020
  • Payment for Next Cycle: $50.00
  • Amount Owing: $50.00

If I go to Change Plan page:

FUTURE DATED PLAN CHANGES
$25 per 30 Days
  • Date Of change : Oct 31, 2020
  • This plan includes: -
  • - Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • - Unlimited International Text
  • - 500MB + 500MB at 3G Speed

Bug? I logged out and logged back in - same. Just want to make sure it I will be charged $25, not $50 on Oct 31.

8 REPLIES 8

kmartynov

Update: I added $50 (less rewards) yesterday and today I was charged correct amount of $25 (less rewards). Thanks all for your help and advice.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kmartynov wrote:

@popping Thanks! Will the autopay reward still apply even if I add funds manually? I am also hesitant, cause when I ask for invoice for October later on, it might show two payments of $50 (one on Oct 1 and one on Oct 31) and that my company will have hard time re-imbursing. This is the reason why I am switching plans to be under the limit. Or will invoice show $50 + $25?

Yes, as long as your autopay is enabled, you will get the $2 autopay credit to you account.

Here are the steps on the morning of renewal day:

1. PM server add credits for you rewards(autopay, referrals, loyalty and community) to your account as available fund.
  2. PM server checks your amount available fund whether it is enough to pay for your plan.  If not enough, it will get enough fund from you autopay cc.
  3. Last step, it will use your available fund to renewal your plan.

You should add fund manually to pay for the $50 less any rewards which you are getting.

If you has only the autopay reward, add $48 to your account today just in case that the schedule plan change bug is not fixed yet.

amount due-01~2.jpeg

@kmartynov 

yes the auto pay reward will still apply.

login to your self serve and manually top up your "available funds" to $25. for "payment type" choose "other, enter the desired amount" and apply the funds.

payment type2-01.jpeg

kmartynov

@popping Thanks! Will the autopay reward still apply even if I add funds manually? I am also hesitant, cause when I ask for invoice for October later on, it might show two payments of $50 (one on Oct 1 and one on Oct 31) and that my company will have hard time re-imbursing. This is the reason why I am switching plans to be under the limit. Or will invoice show $50 + $25?

popping

@kmartynov wrote:

Thanks everyone. I am on autopay, so I will wait till Oct 31 and see.

There was a plan change bug failure on renewal date from a higher cost plan to lower cost plan.  I am not sure that it is fixed yet.

PM server only get enough fund from your autopay cc to pay for your new plan($25) in the early stage of scheduled plan change.  When PM server is renewing your plan during the last step, PM server is looking for old plan amount($50) .  But your account has only $25 available fund.  As a result, your renewal failed.  To avoid the inconvenience of reactivation tomorrow, you should manually add $50 less your rewards to your account today.  The excess fund left over will be use for your next renewal.

PM will take only $25 from your available fund and leaving $25 in your account to be used for your next renewal.

kmartynov

Thanks everyone. I am on autopay, so I will wait till Oct 31 and see.

popping

@kmartynov wrote:

Main Account page shows:

• Payment Due Before: Oct 31, 2020
  • Payment for Next Cycle: $50.00
  • Amount Owing: $50.00

If I go to Change Plan page:

FUTURE DATED PLAN CHANGES
$25 per 30 Days
  • Date Of change : Oct 31, 2020
  • This plan includes: -
  • - Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • - Unlimited International Text
  • - 500MB + 500MB at 3G Speed

Bug? I logged out and logged back in - same. Just want to make sure it I will be charged $25, not $50 on Oct 31.

You schedule a plan change on your next renewal date which is tomorrow.

You can cancel the scheduled plan change and re-do the plan change "immediately".

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@kmartynov 

Your scheduled plan change will start during the renewal process. As it's not renewal time yet it still displays your current plan.

It is recommended when scheduling a plan change to add money into your account to cover your old plan so everything goes smoothly. Any remaining balance will be used for future payments.

Need Help? Let's chat.