Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed phone number now can’t use phone

Chanelbauer
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

9 REPLIES 9

Chanelbauer

I’m happy to announce after 2 factory resets and two days of many different troubleshooting trial and error it is working! seems there was a couple issues on public’s end and my iPhone but all is better. thank you everyone. Wonderful community group! 

Chanelbauer

hello, so far they have gotten my phone to be able to call out and get calls. now it is just getting the phone number to verify for iMessage and FaceTime. I tried resetting the network settings turning FaceTime and I message off then resetting the phone and even removing the SIM card. hoping they get this fixed for me tomorrow morning. really sucks. 

@Chanelbauer wrote:

thanks @Community_QA for the response Just today. Started as soon as I went online and changed my phone number. It gave me a phone number that belonged to someone else. I spoke to them. I went on and changed again and now it won't work. Ive now completely reset my iPhone to factory and its now allowing messages to be send by my old phone number.... so messed up. 

@Chanelbauer - that is messy. Did you get this sorted out, or have to go a CSA for help?

I know you shouldn't have to, but I would have recommended to change your phone number in My Account again.

Then, deregister any old numbers on the iphone: https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage/

Set up your phone number On your iPhone:

1. Go to Settings > Messages and make sure that iMessage is on. You might need to wait a moment for it to activate.
  2. Tap Send & Receive. If you see “Use your Apple ID for iMessage,” tap it and sign in with the same Apple ID that you use on your Mac, iPad, and iPod touch.
  3. In the "You can receive iMessages" section, make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected.
  4. Go to Settings > FaceTime and make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected in the "You can be reached by FaceTime at" section.

Community_QA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Chanelbauer   you need to open ticket with PM.  Open one now.  But likely a reply tomorrow morning 

Chanelbauer

thanks @Community_QA for the response Just today. Started as soon as I went online and changed my phone number. It gave me a phone number that belonged to someone else. I spoke to them. I went on and changed again and now it won't work. Ive now completely reset my iPhone to factory and its now allowing messages to be send by my old phone number.... so messed up. 

Community_QA

@Chanelbauer   how long has it been? you cannot call out or data not working  as well?

Chanelbauer

Yes I tried everything nothing is working as soon as I call it hangs up. first new phone number I was given was someone’s current phone number. very disappointed in public. Absolutely horrible service 

Alexandf

@Chanelbauer 

reboot phone not works, 

open ticket with PM support and ask them to check it

At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket 

have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS_Agent 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Did you remember to restart your phone after the phone number change?

Need Help? Let's chat.