cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed phone number but the phone now is out of service

ashubbar
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

i changed my phone number about 3 hours ago but my phone is out of service (i.e unable to call or receive calls). Please help

10 REPLIES 10

While waiting for moderator intervention...try removing sim card for a couple minutes. Then reinstall and reboot phone again. Good luck.

ashubbar

Thanks

@ashubbar wrote:

The lost/found trick didn’t work. How can I contact the moderator? Is there any phone number to call for help ?

@ashubbar 

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

ashubbar

The lost/found trick didn’t work. How can I contact the moderator? Is there any phone number to call for help ?

ashubbar

Thank you so much guys for help. I did restart the phone several times. I am gonna try lost/found trick and hopefully it works

@ashubbar wrote:

No. It’s public mobile phone number. 

@ashubbar  Did you restart your phone after the number change?

maybe try the lost/stolen phone trick:

To report your phone stolen. Login to your selfserve account. Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Choose the Lost/Stolen Phone tab. Choose Suspend Service tab. Wait a few minutes. Report your phone found. Re-start you phone

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ashubbar wrote:

If your account status is active, try the lost/stolen phone trick to re-provision your plan.

1. Login to your self-serve account.
2. Report your phone lost/stolen using [Plan and Add-Ons] --> [Lost/Stolen Phone]
3. Logoff
4. Wait 5 minutes and login again
5. Report your phone found.
6. Re-start you phone to provision your account again. i.e. enable all features of you plan again.

If this trick failed to get thing working again, you should send a private message to moderator for help. But the wait is up to 48 hours. Good luck.

If you account status is expired/suspended, send a private message to moderator for help.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

ashubbar

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ashubbar wrote:

Hi,

i changed my phone number about 3 hours ago but my phone is out of service (i.e unable to call or receive calls). Please help

Did you pick another PM number or port a number from another provider?

If you are getting a number from PM, it should be right away.  You should send a private message to moderator for help.

Number porting is a 2 stage process:
Stage 1. PM set up your old number on your PM account. Login to your account. Select the [Plan and Add-Ons] tab. Is your old number showing on the [Plan and Add-Ons] display?
If yes, PM has done its work to setup your old number for you to call out, send text and data.
If no, you should send a private message to moderator to investigate. Moderator wait time is 2 - 3 days.
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Stage 2. Now, you are waiting for your old provider to release you number to PM. Not until your old provider release your number, all the incoming calls and texts will continue to go to your old provider.

Is your old SIM card is still working, continue to you your old SIM card until it stops working.  Then, start using your new PM SIM card as the port was completed.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@ashubbar wrote:

Hi,

@ashubbar Are you porting your number from another provider?

Need Help? Let's chat.