cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed SIM now no long distance and no voicemail

edmith74
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just purchased a new phone, Samsung Galaxy S7 edge. Had to purchase a new sim card... once I changed it on the Public Mobile website not only did the long distance and voicemail stop working, but my cell coverage is spotty at best... I'm only able to send and recieve texts once every 10 to 20 minutes. Any help would be appreciated.

10 REPLIES 10

JC29
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I would do a complete phone reset.  And then afterwards if it is still spotty, I would check network settings on your phone and make sure that it is set to Automatic

@edmith74Is it a new phone or a used phone? I would suggest swapping your SIM card another phone to see if the problem persists. It sounds like a hardware issue more than a Public Mobile issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@edmith74 wrote:

I don't understand why it matters about the new sim... It should work, plain and simple. I swapped the sim, my account now reflects the proper sim card and i'm having issues now. You can't tell me I'm the only one this has been an issue for

Sorry to bother you. It was more of a curiosity. Going towards maybe you didn't know about triple-punch cards. Too late now anyway so it doesn't matter.

I can tell you I have no recollection of reading about this kind of problem.

I like geopublic's idea.

@edmith74  Have you rebooted your phone?  Remove the SIM card and reinsert making sure it has a tight fit. Then power up and see if anything has changed.

edmith74

I don't understand why it matters about the new sim... It should work, plain and simple. I swapped the sim, my account now reflects the proper sim card and i'm having issues now. You can't tell me I'm the only one this has been an issue for

Anonymous
Not applicable

@edmith74 wrote:

The last phone I had, I needed to trim the sim down to fit.

I'm not sure when Public Mobile SIM's changed to triple-punch SIM's but you can kinda un-snap a smaller SIM size from a larger frame.

squid88

For me, the long distance call won't work until your plan include long distance call. For voice mall, if your plan include voicemail, it should work. Maybe you can reset the voicemail, then it will probably work.

edmith74

The last phone I had, I needed to trim the sim down to fit.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@edmith74  Is it a new phone has it been previously used? If it's a new used phone best to do a factory reset.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@edmith74 wrote:

Just purchased a new phone, Samsung Galaxy S7 edge. Had to purchase a new sim card... once I changed it on the Public Mobile website not only did the long distance and voicemail stop working, but my cell coverage is spotty at best... I'm only able to send and recieve texts once every 10 to 20 minutes. Any help would be appreciated.

Not sure why you got a new SIM? Did you buy a new phone because you lost the old one?

Maybe try manually adding a dollar to your account and restart the phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.