cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change provider from bell to public mobile

LilyL
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I joined public mobile on April 17,but still getting bill from Bell, AlsoI like to keep my number. Do not how to inform public mobile to let Bell know that I have changed?Also I did not entered the code for extra 2G promotion, not sure if I can still get that.I tried to get a ticket, but didn't work.

5 REPLIES 5

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@LilyL 

What plan do you have? Did you activate in store or online on your own? That will determine which promo you may qualify for and whether customer support will agree to add it although they usually are willing to do so.

As far as porting in your options have already been given to you by the other members. It depends on whether you still have your bell SIM card to reply YES to the PAT (porting authorization text) within 90 minutes of receiving it. If you don't have the bell SIM card then normally you must call bell immediately after making your porting request to verify you are the account holder and verbally authorize the port request but you may want to call bell customer service to confirm how to authorize the port without a SIM card. Don't cancel your bell account....porting will do this automatically.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

So i take it by still getting the bill from Bell you mean it is in good standing. good you can still do the port. The CSA should be able to assist you with the 2GB bonus and manually add it (depending on which one it is and if you met all conditions at time of activation)

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@LilyL 

It sounds like the porting process was not completed. You were to reply to a text confirming you are porting over to PM within a 90 minute window with the Bell SIM in your phone.

If you didn’t reply then the porting will not go through.

Also, did you tried porting over on the day before your Bell renewal date? If you ported after your Bell renewal date then you will be billed.

As for bonus 2gb of data, around the April 17 was the Vaisakhi promo for 2gb for 6 months and 750 minutes calling to India but you need to enter your email address between April 14 to April 18.

I am not sure if you can get this but it is worth a try and contact a CS_Agent.

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@LilyL 

Did you port your phone number in when you activated or did you take a new number?

If you took a new number you can port in your bell number through the change number function in your self serve account. Put in your bell account #, bell phone # and your full name on your bell account. You will have to reply yes to the authorization text they send you on your bell sim card.

If you don't have the bell sim card you have to call bell to authorize the port. Don't cancel your bell account. Porting your bell phone number out will automatically do that for you. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@LilyL   did you request Porting the number from Bell when you activated?  

If you did request porting during activation , you should have received a text from Bell to ask for your authorization to port the number here and you need to reply YES within 90 mins.  You likely have missed that.  You should notice you never receive any incoming calls on your PM SIM.  But there is a phone number you can call and talk to live support and they can assist and re-trigger that process.  I will private message you the phone number.  Please check your Community inbox, envelope icon on top right

If you did NOT request porting during activation ,, you can login to My Account and request Change Number and following the steps to initial a porting request now.

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/ChangeNumber/https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/ChangeNumber/

For trying to ask if they can give you the 2GB bonus, there is a chance if you are eligible.  Please open ticket with PM using one of the following 2 ways:

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

Need Help? Let's chat.