cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change plans

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

If I change plan now, not next cycle, will I pay two payments?

19 REPLIES 19

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@missorange 

I sent you a private message.

missorange

@dust2dust I just know about TextNow can make call and text free by using wifi.. just not convivence if no data..

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@missorange 

Can do!

missorange

@darlicious Oh, should I need to went to same process? how and can you pls give a guide? 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@missorange 

This is my first C C T S complaint....mind you I wish I knew what I know now and I would have taken a couple of providers to task and won. But I have been thru a few similar processes before with a successful outcome and I expect the same but not the resolution I have been seeking to revoke the rate hike. That being said pricing and business practices don't fall under the scope of the CCTS so it will be onwards and upwards to the regulatory body that can enforce change.....and change a lot more than a $3 rate hike.

It seems ridiculous to many to spend so much time and effort to save $3 a month but some sometimes when it's the principle of the matter and you follow thru with a goal in mind sometimes a successful result impacts and benefits so many more than yourself that it's the greater good  that makes it all worthwhile.

But yes a complaint will be successful under the scope of the C C T S's mandate.

It's not fully completed yet (for me anyway) as far as the C C T S is concerned. At this point it seems unlikely that the company will budge on anything. There are other regulatory bodies to go to next. We'll see.

Plans can be suspended. You just can't change to a different plan and get back to what you had when it's no longer in market. Services can be suspended for up to 90 days before it all gets closed.

I'm thinking of suspending as well and using TextNow with wifi. I guess I'll see how long I can hold out without the convenience of cell.

The proper notice was put up after my last renewal (which was forced on to the new plan) so I have the legal position to say no I don't agree NOW and that the previous renewal was under false pretenses.

missorange

@darlicious are you sure complaints work? I don't even know a lot ppl go to complaints procedure. Can you suspend your $13 plan? I thought you will lost your plan as no longer in market. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@missorange 

Yes....but suspended the day before renewal on the $13 plan. Exactly 30 days ago. Awaiting a decision.....? I will not be upgrading. I want the 4G speed data and its essentially a hold number account.

I have two accounts that were forced on to the new plan. I have added my complaints too. For both. I had a third complaint in but the user decided they didn't want to be futzing with workarounds of the limited plan. Not about the cost or plan change.

Some have suggested that the removal of the old plan and forced into the new more expensive plan that offered nothing new or improved is a way to coerce people out of the plan and into at minimum the $15 plan. And sure, unlimited texting and unlimited incoming. But it's more money to lay out. If even just $2. But it's $5 more than the original plan. Let alone the rewards accumulated since the old plan last existed for those still holding on to it.. And for low usage customers or those that have it as an "emergency" phone it worked fine. Why pay more. If they had added something to the new plan then maybe that would have been easier to swallow. But no. It was just a pointless greedy price gouge by the company.

missorange

@darlicious are you still in your old plan?

missorange

Yes it sucks, I don’t know how many people changing plan due to increase of old plan

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@missorange 

The change in your plan price and material terms of your plan was against the terms of service and amount to serious code breaches under the WCC. Before you change plans, or top up or agree to the new terms of service effective the first week of July you can still file a complaint with the C C T S that will likely rule that' a refund and compensation is due and more importantly pm or rather telus will end up paying out more than they will ever collect in $3 rate hikes. They will have to strike out all of that #1 customer satisfaction advertising and rewrite the third quarter earnings speech to shareholders. 

We can change the name from the three amigos to the four horsemen of the apocalypse!

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Yes that plan has unlimited incoming texts. You can also use MMS for all the outgoing you want as a workaround to the limited 50 outgoing texts. You could also use voip apps that can do talk and text. A popular one around here is TextNow.

So I guess you're changing because of the forced plan change to a more expensive plan that offered nothing to justify the price increase. Sucks. If you're changing up to the $15 plan then you're in effect giving the company 50% more money not counting rewards starting at $2 for loyalty and going up and maybe adding autopay and even referrals. Sucks.

Some of us are making our way through the complaint process. Some of us might even continue on to the CRTC. If only the company had sweetened the features a little to justify the price. Instead of what is called the 50/50 plan they could have made it the 100/100 plan. But they say no. Greedy greedy.

missorange

Np as long as I am able to receive, I will switch in next cycle thanks 

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@missorange ok I see yes it's still 50 outgoing I'm sorry I misunderstood 😕

missorange

Yes I am on old plan..

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@missorange all plans have unlimited texting unless you were on the old 10 dollar plan and didnt switch 

missorange

Thanks, my current plan run out text message, if I run out, should I still can receive the message or not.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@missorange , the answer to your question is yes and no.  If you renew early you will pay right away.  However, the next payment will be 30 days later.  Effectively you give up the remaining cycle as oppose to paying twice.  

Need Help? Let's chat.