cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change plan request with autopay previously working has me starting new month WiTH A CANCELLED PLAN!

royden49
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Change plan request with autopay previously working has me starting new month WiTH A CANCELLED PLAN! How do I get an agent? Why this forum? When I signed up to upgrade my plan from $35 to $50 it indicated it would take effect at the start of the new month. I am on auto-pay. Instead my plan has been cancelled and here I am talking to the wall instead of to an agent.

10 REPLIES 10

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@hTideGnow 

Its YMMV....not every scheduled change plan on next renewal to a higher plan will fail but it significantly increases the chance of an autopay failure occurring. If a suspension is of a concern then manually topping up the account before renewal the new plan amount avoids the possibility of an Auto pay failure occurring.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

@hTideGnow- I do add that suggestion if I decide to reply. The timing of the plan change wouldn't matter. It's only what happens at payment time.

On second thought, my test idea is wrong in that the plan change failed with the $10 plans. The customer would have had at least $4 after midnight needing $6 originally. Then needing $9

Hi @dust2dust so we should advise people to pay manually at lease once if they schedule a plan change upward I guess?

and this issue might occur even the ppl schedule plan change as long as 2 weeks ahead?

@dust2dust wrote:

@esjliv- It's been like that for years. It's recently come up as an impact with the forced $10 plan change (not just a price hike). But now all those plans will be done one way or another.

@dust2dust  - yes, that I have noticed some occurrences like this on the $10 plan.

I guess when Autopay failures have been happening, we've never really inquired if members have had scheduled changes to high plans or not. But this one was clearly stated.

PM should just list a 'YMMV' in self serve for everyone to as a 'cya' statement. 😊

@hTideGnow- Yes. (I would qualify the "for sure" to very likely for the YMMV factor).

A test occurs to me though. Say you have the $15 plan and you want to change up to the $25 plan. What if the account has $10 after midnight eastern. Then autopay needs $15. Would it work cleanly?

Hi @dust2dust 

so, if I schedule a plan change for moving up, thr Autopay will fail for sure because there is glitch????

@esjliv- It's been like that for years. It's recently come up as an impact with the forced $10 plan change (not just a price hike). But now all those plans will be done one way or another.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@royden49 

Do you still have services? If yes, this could be your account going through the normal renewal process. The SELF SERVE account can say "expired" or "suspended" on the day of or before your plan is due to renew.

So, if this is the case, ignore these messages on your SELF SERVE account.

If you have no services, and it is past your renewal, maybe your autopay failed?

Add Funds, manually, to your owing amount or more, through SELF SERVE (or by calling 611 if you have a card registered), then select to reactivate/resume services if it does not automatically do so.

If your plan still does not reactivate / resume and it shows $0 owing, try adding a $1 top-up payment. 

If this was an Autopay failure, I would let the Customer Support Agents (CSA) know.

Methods to contact the Customer Support Agents (CSA): https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

@dust2dust - so if someone schedules a change plan for a higher plan and they are on autopay, and their account does not have sufficient funds to cover the higher plan, this is a glitch and autopay will not renew the plan? Curious🤔

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@royden49 

Seems like another glitch on AutoPay again. Login to your account and on the bottom left it should state: You are currently registered for Dynamic AutoPay.

If not, you will need to turn it back on under Make a Payment then go to Edit your AutoPay Preference and turn on AutoPay but check to see if your CC is current.

I hope this helps.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Because this forum BuSiness can help you without needing to wait for an agent.

This is a known long time bug of this place. Changing plans with autopay doesn't work...particularly up. So do a manual payment to have a balance to cover the new plan and it should renew with the new plan. Don't use amount due...another bug.

Need Help? Let's chat.