cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of Plan

leyu01
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey guys,

I am on my 2nd month using Public. On my 1st month I have a 40cad plan (5gb on 3g) with a promo I got of plus 2gb for 12 months. I decided to change plan to 4g (4gb at 41.25cad) without interrupting my billing date, but the 2gb free for 12 months was gone. What happened there? Can I get it back?

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11

leyu01

They brought it back with my new plan. But they said they will just comsider it just once

Great news @leyu01   Happy that you get the 2GB back

So,they moved you back to the old plan? or generous enough to let you change to the new plan and keep the 2GB?

leyu01

Thanks for your response guys.

Anyway, I was able to get my promo back. I talked to an agent and they managed to reconsider my request. So i got my 2gb back for 11months. But they reminded me that promo will be lost when you change your plan.

@Meow-https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Can-I-change-plans-but-keep-my-2GBBONUS/m-p/848507/highlight/true#M573368

@dust2dust wrote:

@Meow- The community manager stated that changing from 3G to 4G will not keep the promo. I stand by my belief that changing plans of 3G, above the price threshold will keep the promo as that only makes business sense. But now apparently not between 3G and 4G. Maybe my belief would work for the 4G plans. I don't know.

Do you mind pointing me to post where comm manager said that, please.

@Meow- The community manager stated that changing from 3G to 4G will not keep the promo. I stand by my belief that changing plans of 3G, above the price threshold will keep the promo as that only makes business sense. But now apparently not between 3G and 4G. Maybe my belief would work for the 4G plans. I don't know.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Every promo has certain restrictions.

Your promo was most likely for particular Plan for a yer. Since you change it you lost your promo.

Some promos are little bit flexible and will say xGB for Y months for any $xx+ Plan meaning for any $xx and above. In that case if you upgrade your plan you might keep promo but it is advisable to get confirmation from agent.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @leyu01  There was the condition that the 2GB will be there as long as you do not change plan.  You changed the plan and hence it is gone

I doubt there is anything CS agent can do.  But you can check if you are willing to change back to the old plan, can they help.  (very likely not, honest...)

to open ticket :

https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Follow this to get to ticket open screen quicker:

start by typing : Contact CS Agent
then Click "Contact Us"
then Click "Other"
finally Click "Click here to submit a ticket"
you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the CS Agent (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

leyu01

Oh man, inshould have stayed

SamanthaWaldrif
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The 2 GB of free data could have been a promotional offer that if the plan changed would be no longer provided. 
at the bottom of the change plan option before you click approve there is a warning stating that promotions can no longer be valid if there is a change. I'm not sure if you can get it back. Hopefully a MOD can provide further information for you.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Nope. Those were the terms of the promo. And more so changing from 3G to 4G.

Need Help? Let's chat.