cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cell phone calls are slightly laggy and barely understandable.

fricstix
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

When I use my cell phone to make or receive calls from other numbers, they sound glitchy, laggy or aren't very clear. My cell phone speakers work fine for playing audio on videos and music. What could be causing the lack of clarity?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@fricstix : PM does voice on 3G and text and data on either 3G or LTE. When the phone is set to LTE and idling there, when a call comes in, the phone switches itself to 3G. You might even see bars jump up depending on your LTE reception. Or down 🙂

Edit: No. There are no extra charges around here.

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@fricstix : I don't suppose you're in Manitoba? Reception issues? Everywhere? In a basement? Outages? Distance from tower?

fricstix

I am in Ontario and my reception is 1-2 bars in my house

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@fricstix 

Is the origin point of the places you're calling or getting calls from generally the same area?

Just trying to troubleshoot whether it may be a reception issue at the sending or the receiving end.

Perhaps try having that other person call someone else in your household to see if similar experience.

is the reception always like this or just started lately?

curious what Bell or Telus towers you see around your home?

https://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html?lat=52.052490&lng=-97.031250&zoom=4&type=Roadm...

fricstix

I have called 1 hour away to toronto and have recieved a call from in my driveway.

fricstix

It seems to have gotten worse recently with public mobile. It was a bit better with koodo, but still not good.

fricstix

Last I checked the Telus towers were in the red for me where I am located. Rogers towers are slightly closer and Bell towers are the same distance as Telus.

@fricstix wrote:

I am in Ontario and my reception is 1-2 bars in my house

@fricstix  Same issue where live. Switching cellular network to 3G, instead of auto/LTE, solves it for me.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

fricstix

Screenshot_2021-03-10-14-58-33.png