cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Card declined, but bank says no issue

phrilser
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've made several attempts to make a payment on my account this month, but keep getting an error saying the transaction has been declined. I spoke with my bank and they could find no problem on their or my end. I've tried clearing my browsing data/cookies/etc., doing the transaction in a private tab, to no avail.

I have three days left to pay before I'm cut off, and removed my auto-pay in an effort to re-add my card, so I'm in a bit of a bind. Any suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@phrilser 

It does sound like you triggered a fraud lock if you attempted to pay more than 5 times with the same card in a 24 hour period. You are only allowed two attempted payments in one hour whether thru self serve or 611 or by payment card or voucher. If you are worried about payment before your card can be added and payment accepted you can always purchase a pm voucher to pay for your renewal.

It's always important to check the voucher before leaving the retailer to ensure they gave you the correct voucher. Better yet is to load your voucher via 611 in the retail location in case there is an issue. The following retailers offer pm vouchers that are immediately valid upon purchase.

1. London Drugs
  2. Shell Stations
  3. SDM
  4. 7/11
  5. Circle K
  6. Wal-Mart
  7. RCSS
  8. TMS

Here is an example of a London Drugs pm voucher. The Voucher Catalogue can be referenced for other examples.

darlicious_0-1644856041478.jpeg

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@phrilser 

You can try another cc for autopay if you have another one while waiting for CSA to work on your issue.

Good luck.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@phrilser , I believe that too many unsuccessful attempts can cause a payment card to be locked out.  This could be what has happened to you.  It might be worthwhile to use the chat link in the lower right corner of the website to initiate a support ticket if the problem does not clear itself in a few hours.  

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@phrilser wrote:

I've made several attempts to make a payment on my account this month, but keep getting an error saying the transaction has been declined. I spoke with my bank and they could find no problem on their or my end. I've tried clearing my browsing data/cookies/etc., doing the transaction in a private tab, to no avail.

I have three days left to pay before I'm cut off, and removed my auto-pay in an effort to re-add my card, so I'm in a bit of a bind. Any suggestions?

@phrilser  - have you used this credit card previously with Public Mobile. See acceptable credit cards here and payment methods: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/voucher-payment-options

This is likely a finicky website issue, i would say.

Try waiting 1 hour as you may have a temporary lock on your account.

When you do try again, open a tab in incognito mode to make a payment.

If still issues ask customer support (CSA) for help:  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

VIP_Tech
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @phrilser 

open one Browser inPrivate mode, or incognito mode,

sign in to Self-Serve,
Click on Payment
Make a Payment
Payment Type: select ( Amount Due )
Click ‘Submit’,
after payment successful, Reboot device.

if you can't fix it get in touch with  Customer Support Agent (publicmobile.ca)

to remove fraud-block.

CSA Hours Of Operation (publicmobile.ca)

Verify your identity (publicmobile.ca)

Need Help? Let's chat.