cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant received incoming calls and text messages

Marky
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I recently activated my sim card a week ago and I find out I cant received incoming calls and texting messages. I can send out text messages and make out going calls.

I did not transfer my number to PM.

4 REPLIES 4

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Marky wrote:

Hello,

I recently activated my sim card a week ago and I find out I cant received incoming calls and texting messages. I can send out text messages and make out going calls.

Sorry, I missed the last sentence that you did not port your number to PM.

Did you port your phone number from your previous provider a week ago?

Is your previous provider SIM card still working?

If yes to both questions, your previous provider has not release your phone number to PM yet.

Did you leave your previous SIM card in your phone to receive port out confirmation text message from your previous provider?

If you did not confirm the port out request, your previous provider will not release your phone number to PM.

Call PM port support ** to send port request to your previous provider again.

At the same time, put your old SIM card in your phone and ready to replay yes when your receive your confirmation text message from your old provider.

The following is the information why you are not getting incoming calls or texts:

Number porting is a 2 stage process:
Stage 1. After submitted your porting request, PM set up your old number on your PM account. Login to your account. Select the [Plan and Add-Ons] tab. Is your old number showing on the [Plan and Add-Ons] page?
If yes, PM has done its work to setup your old number for you to call out, send text and data.

Stage 2. Now, you are waiting for your old provider to release your number to PM. Not until your old provider release your number, all the incoming calls and texts will continue to go to your old provider. You can continue to use the old provider SIM card until it stops working which is the indication that your number was released to PM.

Stay positive and test negative.  Have a better and better day!

Marky
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It did not work for me. I will contact moderator. Thanks for the help!

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Marky wrote:

Hello,

Before contacting the mods. try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for at least 3 minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reboot your phone again

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Marky ,

Your account may not be provisioned correctly or fully.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

Need Help? Let's chat.