cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant receive security codes from my bank etc

odonnellcrln
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When I am sent security verification codes from my bank or anywhere really the code never comes to me. I know other people have had this issue. My area code is not a new one so that is not the issue as I have heard others on this site say. It saddens me because there is so much to like about Public Mobile. I was with Lucky mobile on the Bell network and did not have this problem. In fact when I was with your sister company Koodo I never had this issue either. Please help. I may have to go back to Lucky Mobile even though I’d rather not because this is a major issue for me that I have to solve. Thank you

4 REPLIES 4

TeddyTee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

did your problem ever get fixed? I cannot get security codes either. Can't log on to my bank or workplace or any other site that requires a security code

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@odonnellcrln 

Here's some additional information:

If texting “HELP” to the short code doesn’t elicit a response, you’ll need to confirm that short code text messaging is activated on your mobile device. Confirm this by texting the word HELP to any other short code.  Choose one here: Current Short Code Programs - TXT.CA

If you still don’t receive a text message response, even though you’re using a different short code, this means that your wireless plan doesn’t support short code messaging.

In this case, reach out to a Moderator  here  to request it be enabled.

If you do receive a text message response from another short code, this means there may be something wrong with the original short code you were trying to interact with. 

@odonnellcrln 

You have a newly created profile so I'm leaning towards @computergeek541 reasoning that as a security feature to prevent fraud financial institutions and the like will not send these out for 48 hours after your port is complete. Alternatively texting HELP to the short code if it illicits a response will usually get texts started coming to your phone again.

@odonnellcrln wrote:

When I am sent security verification codes from my bank or anywhere really the code never comes to me. I know other people have had this issue. My area code is not a new one so that is not the issue as I have heard others on this site say. It saddens me because there is so much to like about Public Mobile. I was with Lucky mobile on the Bell network and did not have this problem. In fact when I was with your sister company Koodo I never had this issue either. Please help. I may have to go back to Lucky Mobile even though I’d rather not because this is a major issue for me that I have to solve. Thank you

Did you request to port the phone number over? I've read some reports saying that it can take about 48 hours (after porting has completed) before these types of text messages start working again.

Need Help? Let's chat.