cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant receive calls after porting from Bell

Bobfrxst
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Its been over 48 hours since I signed up and ported from Bell, I responded Yes when i got the text asking for permission to port my number as soon as i got it. Im able to make calls but I cant receive them or send/receive sms messages. Ive tried submitting a ticket but I havent heard anything back, what else can I do? 

7 REPLIES 7

Tsawwassen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you can't receive calls after porting your phone number from Bell to PM, here are a few things you can try:

1. Contact your new service provider: Reach out to your new service provider's customer support team and explain the issue. They can check to see if there are any issues with your account and make sure your phone number has been properly activated.

2. Check your phone settings: Make sure that call forwarding is turned off and that your phone is set up to receive calls. You can also try restarting your phone to see if that resolves the issue.

3. Check for any outstanding balance: Make sure that there are no outstanding balance on your Bell account that could be preventing the transfer of your phone number.

4. Check with Bell: Contact Bell's customer support team to confirm that your account has been properly closed and that there are no issues on their end that could be preventing your phone number from being ported.

5. Wait a few days: It can take a few days for your phone number to be fully transferred and activated on your new service provider's network. If you're still having issues after a few days, contact your new service provider for further assistance.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Bobfrxst 

Did you reply to the text within the 90 minute window?

Porting will be cancelled if you take longer than 90 minutes.

A friend ported his number over and didn’t reply to the text because he was grocery shopping and didn’t want to reply. 🤦‍♂️

Your Bell SIM will continue to work in the meantime but keep the Bell SIM in your phone. You need to reply again once the CS_Agent restart the porting process for you. Once you reply, the Bell SIM will continue to work until the porting process is completed. This could take another 2 hours.

Just contact a CS_Agent by creating a ticket on SIMon Chatbot bottom of page or private message them on envelope icon above.

@espurrell wrote:

This may be hyper-specific but I have had them in the past where you had to type it in the exact way it was sent to you. Example: "YES" vs "Yes"

@espurrell   you meant Bell requiring you to do that? crazy... 

espurrell
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This may be hyper-specific but I have had them in the past where you had to type it in the exact way it was sent to you. Example: "YES" vs "Yes"

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Bobfrxst  - did you respond to the port text within 90 minutes? If so, try to restart your phone and/or perform a reset of the device's network settings?

Was your Bell account active when you did the port to Public?

When you call your number does it go to the Bell voicemail? If so, the port is not complete or stuck.

If stuck you may submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; click this link for issues with transfer/porting of phone numbers over to Public Mobile.

edit, OR go to your SENT message and poke back on the ticket you already submitted.

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

That seems an incomplete port. Responses to  ticket submission will appear in the private message inbox; an alert will appear on the small envelope to the left of your avatar. 

If you have no response to your ticket within 24 hours of submission try the Telus porting hotline (1 UGH BEA PORT). 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Bobfrxst  There’s a  porting  team number to call to restart the port I’ll sent it to you private message 

Need Help? Let's chat.