Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot send/receive text messages after changed number from 647 to 416

Tony6688
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Why?

Can someone help me?

I changed my phone number to avoid receiving spam calls and texts.

Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tony6688 wrote:

And now I can't change number. What is wrong going on?!?!

You can only change your number once every 30 days.

It is curious and ya gotta wonder.

When I signed up, I chose a number from a longish list. Everything worked fine and all. But then afterwards I got several calls looking for someone. The same someone. From several people. Very infrequent now though. I do get junk calls from collectors with just a recording and press 1. Not.

Tony6688

And now I can't change number. What is wrong going on?!?!

Tony6688

I figured out the problem. It's weird. The number I picked up is existing account of a Virgin Mobile Customer. Yes! 

I still can call from exact same number but when people call me back, they get to other person. How it possible?

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

That must be frustrating @Tony6688

If you have already tried what those have suggested before me and it hasn't resolved, it could be a stuck port or number change request.

I'd suggest you reach out to the Moderator team with your account information. They are the ones most likely to help with specific account related issues.

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue.

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9 am to 9 pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9 am to 7:30 pm [Toronto Time]

• Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on how many messages in the queue, but can be up to 48 hours.

• There is no need to send multiple messages. In fact, each message you send will put you all the way to the back of the line.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Public-Mobile-Moderator-Team/ta-p/...

Gonzo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @Tony6688, first thing to try would be a restart. Turn your phone off completely, then turn it on and see if texting works after that.

Need Help? Let's chat.