cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive phone call from USA

j2023
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had interviews with multiple US companies, and some recruiters complained that my phone is not reachable, or the call would just drop immediately. 

Is public mobile preventing calls from USA? I don’t have any US addons, I would assume that I can receive calls from US.

6 REPLIES 6

@darlicious- No, for this place when testing calling say Iran, I get the cheery lady saying you can't get there from here. I can't know what every other provider does. I can't speak for the US. I can't speak for these recruiters. We're all speculating. The term recruiters has flexible meanings as well. Headhunters sure. But if it's just a job listing site and you submit your resume then who knows.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dust2dust 

Okay sure but has that ever been your experience when making a long distance call and you don't have a plan or add-on for it? Or even if you have pay per use you would get a message telling you the number you are calling may have long distance charges apply. A a long distance call doesn't usually just drop unless these recruiters have prepaid plans? That seems highly unusual if they are recruiters especially if they are recruiting internationally?

@darlicious- I'm not commenting on international calls. I'll stay on maybe some of those recruiters don't have long distance to Canada service.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@j2023 

Maybe it was from certain providers in the US that calls would drop?

@dust2dust 

Doesn't that sound familiar to you?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Maybe those "some" recruiters can't call Canada. The fact that others could points to them.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@j2023  incoming calls from US does not need any addons

did you just join PM?  did you request Porting?

how long you have been with PM?

are you getting incoming calls from friends in Canada?

did you get ANY incoming calls from US at all?  are talking about you cannot receiving ANY US calls or some?

Need Help? Let's chat.