cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive calls from some local landlines

jpika
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I opened a new account to use my Koodo Coolpad phone.  I can receive calls from almost everyone but when I call my mobile phone from my home landline then it goes straight to my mobile's voicemail and shows up as a missed call.  There is no way to actually have it ring on my mobile phone.  I have tried with a 1 in front and it makes no difference.  Calls from friend's landlines or mobiles work fine but not my home line, which is a standard Bell phone line.

Any advice?

14 REPLIES 14

jpika

FYI - We just figured this out! 

We used a suggestion below to block caller ID by dialing *67 before dialing, and the call went through.  This identified that somehow we had a problem with our specific number.

Then we checked our phone, and when setting up a contact, we had accidently chosen a setting "Route to voicemail" for that contact (our home number). 

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/devices/android/coolpad-catalyst/manage-calls-coolpad-catalyst

We have now disabled it and it works!

Thank you!

jpika

Thanks again for your response.  We just figured this out!  It appears that on our phone, when setting up a contact, we accidently chose a setting "Route to voicemail" for that contact (our home number). 

Thank you!

jpika

Thanks for your response.  We just figured this out!  It appears that on our phone, when setting up a contact, we accidently chose a setting "Route to voicemail" for that contact (our home number). 

Thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jpika wrote:

Thank you - that was super helpful.  We tried this and the call went through so it appears that our home number is blocked on our mobile phone.  We have no idea how this could have been set up.  Do you know where we can look to see if a block has been put on?

Note that our mobile number is a brand new line and we are using a flip phone so we have never intentionally blocked anything. 

What's the make/model/submodel of the phone? Is it an old, no longer available flip phone or a current still sold kind of model?

Did you buy it new? There must be some area in the phone that you can set blocked numbers.

jpika

Thanks for your suggestion.  It seems to be specific to one specific landline.  Other landlines and mobile phones are able to call us.

We tried a suggestion below and hid the phone number and were able to get through successfully so now we have to try to figure out why our home number os blocked and how we can unblock it.

jpika

Thanks for your suggestion but we are not using Google voice at all.  We are using a flip phone with Public mobile cell services.

jpika

Thank you - that was super helpful.  We tried this and the call went through so it appears that our home number is blocked on our mobile phone.  We have no idea how this could have been set up.  Do you know where we can look to see if a block has been put on?

Note that our mobile number is a brand new line and we are using a flip phone so we have never intentionally blocked anything. 

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

If it's DND blocking the call from your land line, it is based on the caller ID. Test blocking your outgoing caller id when calling your cel number, usually by prefixing *67 - should make it a "private caller" - which may be handled differently when the call arrives on your cel... but it sounds like you blocked your home number...

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@jpika wrote:

I opened a new account to use my Koodo Coolpad phone.  I can receive calls from almost everyone but when I call my mobile phone from my home landline then it goes straight to my mobile's voicemail and shows up as a missed call.  There is no way to actually have it ring on my mobile phone.  I have tried with a 1 in front and it makes no difference.  Calls from friend's landlines or mobiles work fine but not my home line, which is a standard Bell phone line.

Any advice?

I found this chatter online, does it help?

• Sign into your Google account,
  • go to Google Voice settings,
  • scroll down and enable "Do not disturb" mode. 

Now, make (or have somebody else make) calls to your Google Voice number from as many different carriers as you can, including both mobile and landline.  The expected behaviour is that the callers to your GV number will all be immediately sent to your Google Voice voicemail.  Does that work?

@jpika wrote:

Any advice?

@jpika @vladshab13 

If you're having this problem with multiple people calling you, the first thing to check is how strong the signal is and weather the service consistently works at that location. However if this is only happening when people call you from a landline and it's multiple people who get sent directly to your voicemail, this sounds like a provisioning or call routing issue.  To get the moderators to look at this, please open a ticket by going to https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot

@vladshab13 wrote:

I have the same problem. How to fix it?

Can you give us mores details? Are you a new customer? Did you just port your number in?

Is it just incoming calls from one landline number you are having problems with? If it is just one number like the OP, then check to make sure that number is not blocked/rejected from your list.

vladshab13
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the same problem. How to fix it?

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Are you accidentally blocking your number?

Are you in dnd mode?

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@jpika 

Can you ensure that number is not on your reject list.

Need Help? Let's chat.