cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot open a new account

priyaandrade
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I have a brand new sim card and I am trying to port in a phone number from Koodo.

I tried to set up a new account using my current Koodo phone number but it says that I already have an account with Public Mobile, which I do not.

7 REPLIES 7

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@priyaandrade wrote:

Hello,

I have a brand new sim card and I am trying to port in a phone number from Koodo.

I tried to set up a new account using my current Koodo phone number but it says that I already have an account with Public Mobile, which I do not.

@priyaandrade Instead of porting your number during activation just pick a temp number and see if you can complete that activation. If yes, then use selfserve to port in your number. If it's Koodo prepaid them ask PM to submit the port.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

@gblackma wrote:

@priyaandrade  What type of Koodo account is it? If it's prepaid. Then you need moderator assistance to port.

@priyaandrade wrote:

Hello,

Given that the OP said the part in bold, I'm expecting it's exactly what you said, also now in bold.....

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@priyaandrade 

Are you trying to port a Koodo prepaid number to PM?

If yes, are you using the same email address used in your Koodo prepaid number?

If yes, you may need to use another email address because PM prepaid and Koodo prepaid are using the same backend server.  As far as the server is concerned, your email address was used in another account.  The rule is 1 email address per account and only 1 phone number per account.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@priyaandrade , since you tried to port, contact a moderator and explain your situation.  Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen . This connects to the autobot Simon . Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one . (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket). 

@priyaandrade wrote:

Hello,

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Are you trying to activate an account using the same email address attached to your Koodo account? That maybe the problem, try using another email address.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@priyaandrade 

More details may be helpful.  

Did you activate your SIM card?   

using the following website:

https://activate.publicmobile.ca

Pasted Graphic 7.png

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@priyaandrade Was your credit card charged ? If it was, you created an account with PM . What type of Koodo account is it? If it's prepaid. Then you need moderator assistance to port.

@priyaandrade wrote:

Hello,

Need Help? Let's chat.