cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Login to Activated Account - No Password

Willhosh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I've recently went to a Koodo booth to activate a Public Mobile SIM card for my new phone. We went through the process of getting a SIM, setting up my email, creating a PIN, selecting a plan, and selecting a new phone number. However, we never created a password or anything like that.

She gave me the papers to show that my account has been activated, and I got a confirmation email saying my account is now active (that's all it says). My account setup has a name, account number, email, SIM number, and phone number, BUT I can't login online. 

First, you need a password with the email - I don't have one. So I select "forgot password" and input my email - "Login failed". Then I go to "create account", enter my phone number, and "submit" - I don't receive a text message with a 6-digit code. I've tried texting my new phone number with other phones and they go through, so I'm not sure what's going on.

I just want to be able to login, check my balance, setup autopay, change plans, etc. But I'm unable to login and don't know how. I'm not even sure how the Koodo employee managed to setup my account without a password, but please advise on what's wrong and what I should do.

Thanks,

8 REPLIES 8

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Willhosh wrote:

I don't receive a text message with a 6-digit code. I've tried texting my new phone number with other phones and they go through, so I'm not sure what's going on.

@Willhosh   Just want to confirm, check if you receive any text from PM before.   You might have receive text from PM about your 4 digit account PIN , etc.   Wonder if somehow text from PM was blocked on the device level

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@t_p wrote:

@popping wrote:

@Anonymous @t_p 

Don't be so quick to ask OP to contact CSA.

You need to determine why OP cannot login.

OP account was activated in-store.  Therefore, no online account was not created during in-store activation.  Period.  Only online activate will create the self-serve account after activation.

@Anonymous Your second answer is correct.  But you provide all possible answers.  One will be correct.  

@Willhosh 

Your self-serve was not created yet. That is the reason why you cannot login.

Read you welcome email again.  It asked you create your online self-serve account using https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

and follow the instruction to create your account.

Welcome to PM.

@popping 

OP said they can't create self-serve account:

"Then I go to "create account", enter my phone number, and "submit" - I don't receive a text message with a 6-digit code. I've tried texting my new phone number with other phones and they go through, so I'm not sure what's going on."

You are correct.  We should ask OP to restart browser or use another browser before asking OP to contact CSA.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@popping wrote:

@Anonymous @t_p 

OP account was activated in-store.  Therefore, no online account was not created during in-store activation.  Period.  Only online activate will create the self-serve account after activation.

@Anonymous Your second answer is correct.  But you provide all possible answers.  One will be correct.  

@Willhosh 

Read you welcome email again.  It asked you create your online self-serve account using https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

Welcome to PM.

@popping 

OP said they can't create self-serve account:

"Then I go to "create account", enter my phone number, and "submit" - I don't receive a text message with a 6-digit code. I've tried texting my new phone number with other phones and they go through, so I'm not sure what's going on."

@Willhosh 

Try creating account again using a browser in private mode (ex. Chrome incognito).See how it goes.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Willhosh 

Create an account should work.

Are you entering your 10 digit phone number correctly?

What happens when you call the number,  does your phone ring?

If you are iPhone,  have you set up your device with the new number ?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous @t_p 

@Willhosh 

Welcome to PM.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Willhosh 

You should contact CS for help:

Spoiler
Open a ticket via:
https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html (faster response time)
Type "ticket" > Click "Contact Us" > Select your issue (Self-serve) > "Click here to submit a ticket↗"

or send a private message to:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
and describe your issue. Include your name,phone #, account #, Email address,4-digit PIN to speed up authentication process.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Willhosh 

maybe you need to Create an Account 

Public Mobile - Register

and close all Browser and do clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

and try it for a different Browser and open incognito mode,

how to open Browser incognito mode visit Here link,

how to clear cache and cookies and History visit Here link,

and use a Browser from your computer,is better

use Browser microsoft edge or chrome latest version
and just make sure your Browser is up to date update
sometime is the Browser is not update is give a issue.

how to update your Browser visit Here link, 

and Restart your computer, is will help a lot,

and if you use a home internet take your power internet off for about

a 1 minute and put it back on,to refreshing your network,

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Willhosh 

you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agentand Explain your issue to 
they can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

and them will reset for you,

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,and Submit a Ticket,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link,to get started. Type,, Ticket ,, Click ,, Contact Us ,, Select your issue ,,
    Click here to submit a ticket↗↗.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • account 4 digit pin,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck....

Need Help? Let's chat.