cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled current plan with Public Mobile, can I get a refund on my account balanace?

JR74746
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for your assistance. I had around $30 of credit on my account that I would love to get back, really appreciate it. 

7 REPLIES 7

@frostyfire22 

this is exactly why one shouldn't leave too much $$ on their account. If they decide to go elsewhere, PM won't refund that balance.

If customer is migrating to Telus, I've heard that they may be some transfer of funds possible...but otherwise best to not have too much more than 1 X renewal in your Available Funds.

frostyfire22
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@JR74746 No refunds or proration even when changing subscriptions from what I see. As others have said, I think the only possible way is to contact CS_Agents

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@JR74746 - how did you cancel your account? If you just opened an account with another provider, and your Public account has just been in nonpay, suspended status, then you can use that balance for a lowest cost plan for a cycle or 2 depending on the plan.

Only porting your Public Mobile number out to another provider automatically closes your account, access to My Account and loses any Available Balance you may have had (exception may be as @HALIMACS mentions above).

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@JR74746 no refund as PM is prepaid provider.  I don't think you will get a different answer even you ask Support

However, if you are porting into Koodo or Telus, since they are all one big family, Koodo or Telus could give you a one time credit instead, so ask them instead.   But if you are going elsewhere, sorry, you might want to wait another month to use up your credit instead 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@JR74746 

The only time I have seen public mobile possibly willing to 'move' a credit upon account closing is if they are moving to Telus or Koodo, given they are all under the Telus umbrella of companies.

Otherwise,  no,  sorry. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@JR74746  No PM is pre paid service no refunds unfortunately . But it never hurts to ask 

Message support directly

• while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   To CS_Agents by clicking >>>>>>>>here.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@JR74746 

Unfortunately, PM is a prepaid service so there are no refund. Unlike postpaid service where it is prorated.

You can try your luck and contact a CS_Agent but I highly doubt that you will get a refund.

Need Help? Let's chat.