cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel pre payment and get refund

anonymouz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi guys, I did the transfer to Koodo 6GB plan a couple months ago, maybe in late January and I just checked my bank account and it was charged as I had pre auth payments. I thought this was cancelled, how do I cancel this PM account and make sure they don't charge my credit card? Is there a number too to get a refund? Please advise.  Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

You will have to contact the moderator_team via Private Message.

As you ported out to Koodo, your account has essentially been deleted.  Your autopay *Should Have* been discontinued because of this, however, it appears you're not the only one who has experienced this happening.

For future port outs who may be reading this, remove AutoPay settings from your account, before you make the switch, to ensure you're not charged after leaving the service.

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

You could also 'remove your credit card' from your account too if. am not 100% sure, but I know with Fido, once I ported over to Public Mobile, they disconnected me from Fido account and it's forum too. And they had pro-rated my billing period. 

Connect with a moderator now. As a reminder, the @CS_Agent are in the east coast!

@anonymouz wrote:

Hi guys, I did the transfer to Koodo 6GB plan a couple months ago, maybe in late January and I just checked my bank account and it was charged as I had pre auth payments. I thought this was cancelled, how do I cancel this PM account and make sure they don't charge my credit card? Is there a number too to get a refund? Please advise.  Thanks.

As to whether you can phone in to customer service, depends on which type of plan you were last on at Public Mobile.  For most customers (and former customers), the only way to contact customer service is to send a private message to Moderator_Team.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-How-to-Contact-our-Community-M...

Need Help? Let's chat.