cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel Account

colleenlynn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I need to cancel my account. I am unable to disable auto pay and do not see a way to send a message to Public Mobile

24 REPLIES 24

statusquo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thank you that's an interesting backstory to what looks like was a useful sounding board section for customers to share their ideas and suggestions with public mobile and I'm disappointed to learn that it was shut down and also that public mobile is likely not interested or care about our suggestions since as customers we can give important feedback on how their service and website could be improved.  I always assumed companies were trying to improve their systems and services based on feedback from us so I am surprised to learn that public has made little effort to incorporate suggestions from their customers over the years.

@pmbc wrote:

@statusquo wrote:

Litlldy and htidegnow last week I jokingly posted that we should start a petition to have public mobile give us control over these things but maybe we can make a request through the support agents about this.

There should be a suggested features section and they work on ones with the most upvotes.

@statusquo , @pmbc

Way back when, the community had an ideas / suggestions section - there weren't many suggestions that actually lead to improvements or new features.

The subforum was shut down several years ago with likely dozensa and dozens of suggestions (many of them brought up again and again) that were probably never even read by people who could make the decisions to implement them.

Ever since the change to this version of the forum outline - it's abundantly clear that Public Mobile doesn't really care about our ideas. As long as we keep quiet and provide our part of this customer service concept all is good in their books. 😉

statusquo

Thank you for that information and I think I might be guilty of doing that but will try to remember for the future.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@hTideGnow 

You mean this one by @maximum_gato ? 😁🐈

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/The-Community-s-Public-Mobile-Wishlist/m-...

@colleenlynn 

If you like I can give you the details of a $0 gift credit card that you can replace your card with and at renewal autopay will fail......just send me a private message. And if you have a rewards account you want to donate to someone on a low or fixed income I can help with that too.....

blessme4k
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If you are unable to disable auto-pay and contact Public Mobile through their normal channels, here are some steps you can take to cancel your account:

1. Check your account: Log in to your account on the Public Mobile website and check if there is an option to cancel your service or disable auto-pay.

2. Check the FAQ: Check the Public Mobile website's FAQ section to see if there is information on how to cancel your service.

3. Call customer service: If you are still unable to disable auto-pay or send a message, you can try calling Public Mobile's customer service. You may be able to speak with a representative who can assist you with canceling your service.

4.Send mail: You can also send a mail to Public Mobile's customer service, with your account details and request for cancellation.

5.Check your bank statement: Check your bank statement to see if the auto-pay is still being charged, if yes contact your bank to stop the recurring charges.

It's important to follow the steps carefully, and if you are still facing issues, you can try contacting the customer service of the new provider, they may be able to help you with cancelling your service with Public Mobile.

Hi @statusquo post flooding. you might have clicked Reply too many times and caused that.  I notice that when Pm server is slow, I clicked once, no response and I clicked again (or again many times) thinking it was my phone, that would cause the problem.   Usually back out, reply again clicked just once and wait, it will be all good

colleenlynn

Thank you for this link! I sent them a message hopefully it will help. I couldn't find a way to contact anyone!

@hTideGnow wrote:

Hi @pmbc I remember there is a suggested features/wishlist post.   But from what I understand,  Pm does not really care

Hi @darlicious , you have the link to that post?

@hTideGnow , I’d like to see that if someone knows where! To bad we can’t pin it for everyone to easily find it. 

statusquo

Anyone know what is post flooding?  I get this message in red when trying to answer just now.

Hi @pmbc I remember there is a suggested features/wishlist post.   But from what I understand,  Pm does not really care

Hi @darlicious , you have the link to that post?

statusquo

I like that idea too and public mobile should be taking our concerns into account if they read this forum but maybe they don't.

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@statusquo wrote:

Litlldy and htidegnow last week I jokingly posted that we should start a petition to have public mobile give us control over these things but maybe we can make a request through the support agents about this.

There should be a suggested features section and they work on ones with the most upvotes.

statusquo

colleenlynn

I can't seem to get to a support agent just the bot

hi @LitlLdy @statusquo agree 100%

PM purposely make it hard for people to leave

@statusquo wrote:

It is troubling that public mobile won't allow us to remove our credit cards or to change our emails so you will have to ask the support agents by going through the chatbot from this link.  https://www.publicmobile.ca/get-help

@statusquo , I completely agree with you on that! It’s quite frustrating! 😕

Hi @pmbc  yes, the take over account is for people who decide to walk away from PM and not to keep the number.  If the person plans to port out, then he cannot have someone to take over the account 

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@hTideGnow wrote:

Hi @colleenlynn how long you have been with PM?  if you are here long and still on old rewards, there are people who might want to take over your account

For disable Autopay, why failed? Try to use Private or Incognito mode 

or try to use *611 to disable Autopay.  You will need your 4 dgits pin, but you can reset it in My Account if you have foegotten

@hTideGnow I'm curious, if you were to let someone take over your account (which had the old rewards), I'm guessing you can port in a number to the account, but you wouldn't be able to port out the old number first because that would cancel the account or is there another way to pass along the account if one were to want to go with another carrier and port out the number.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @colleenlynn how long you have been with PM?  if you are here long and still on old rewards, there are people who might want to take over your account

For disable Autopay, why failed? Try to use Private or Incognito mode 

or try to use *611 to disable Autopay.  You will need your 4 dgits pin, but you can reset it in My Account if you have foegotten

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

If you don't wish to keep your number then pause your credit card for the overnight period of the next renewal. That will stop it from renewing and then 90 days later the account dies.

If you know your 4 digit account pin then you can dial 611 and turn it off there.

Why are you not able to log in?

statusquo

It is troubling that public mobile won't allow us to remove our credit cards or to change our emails so you will have to ask the support agents by going through the chatbot from this link.  https://www.publicmobile.ca/get-help

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@colleenlynn @Try loggin in again incognito there are cache issues and go to payment tab and disable auto pay … if you still need a agent hers the links 

Getting help from agent

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get                       

Or get help right here in the community

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work

Need Help? Let's chat.