cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't unlock LG phone

Regele
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have an older LG flip phone which had a Rogers SIM but not activated for a few years. I checked and it seems compatible with PM. I inserted a PM SIM and it is asking to unlock the SIM/Phone. I called Rogers and got an unlock code but it keeps saying the unlock code is incorrect. I've never done this before so not sure if I'm going about it the right way! Any suggestion?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

@Regele wrote:

When I put the Rogers SIM, it doesn't ask to unlock the phone; only when I put the PM SIM.

Unlock code is only requested when the SIM locked phone sees a SIM card that is not associated with the network to which it is lock.  You should be able to ask Rogers for an unlock code for free.  Use the Public Mobile SIM to apply the unlock code. 

What model is the LG flip? You are correct that some older phones will work on Rogers but not PM, even when unlocked.

Can you try the PM SIM in another unlocked phone?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Regele

On the LG phone, after inserting the PM SIM, it says "SIM Card Invalid, network lock, Use ROGERS SIM only". It gives an option to Unlock. Maybe the PM website said the phone model was compatible but it is not!

Regele

When I put the Rogers SIM, it doesn't ask to unlock the phone; only when I put the PM SIM.

Regele

I got the same code through their Chat and Phone support!

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi Regele! 

I hope you are doing well. I am sorry to hear about that. I will try to help you with this matter!! Smiley Wink

Here is the following step to do for unlocked your phone:

1 - Put your Rogers sim card in the phone

2- Once they asked you the SIM code put the unlocking code that Roger gave you.
3- Once it's complete you will have to turn off the phone, put your Public Mobile Sim card and when they ask for the code PIN put 1234 

Be sure that you activated your Sim card too, then you should be able to use your public Mobile card Sim Smiley Wink

Please let me know if it works !!

Have a great day,

Cheers,

Celsina 

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Regele, i would re-check the numbers.  If it still doesn't work, contact rogers again, and re-get the code.  Perhaps they misread the numbers when giving it to you, or geting your IMEI number.

Need Help? Let's chat.