cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't switch from Public Mobile to another carrier with old number.

poly5816
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I have tried to switch from Public Mobile to another carrier two times, but I did not receive the code. Now I found that retry is not available. So, what can I do now? I am no longer interested in staying with the Public mobile service. I want to keep my current Public Mobile number.

5 REPLIES 5

@poly5816   

Most number can be ported around but not all due to some technical limitation.

What is the area code and the first 4 digits of your phone number? which provider you are going to?  Let us know and we can look up for you about the porting eligibility

Porting request has to be initiated at other provider. If you cannot do that yourself you should contact them (not PM) so they can initiate porting. As soon as they do that, put PM SIM in your phone and wait for SMS.

Eligibility Check if your existing number is eligible to move visit This link (Koodo, Public Mobile and Telus are the ‘same’ company).

poly5816
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you for your detailed suggestion.

My account was suspended, and I paid and activated it before switching procedures. That's why I found this problem. Now my Public Phone Number is active, and I want to change now. But I found retry is not available. So what can I do now?

Meow
Mayor / Maire

In order to transfer (port) PM number out you have to:

- Open account at another provider and confirm it is working as expected (SMS/calls/data)

- Keep PM account active: both accounts have to be active in order to port

- Initiate porting at new provider

- Keep PM SIM in your phone as you will receive porting authorization request from PM

- Answer Yes within 90 minutes

- All done. If everything worked as expected your PM number will be transferred to new provider and PM account will be immediately closed. You will not have access to it anymore. Good practice is to remove autopay  and ask agent to remove your credit card from PM file, just in case to avoid accidental billing.

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@poly5816 hi did you leave your public sim in phone to receive transfer request,you have 90 minutes to reply yes, also your public account needs to be active in order to port your number 

Need Help? Let's chat.